Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another year of hopefully int...



Looking forward for another interesting and of course a likewise great time together with my beautiful LaoPo .

Last year was a wonderful / pleasant year for both of us , with our Sister in-law from Shanghai visiting us for two weeks . This being my first Post of 2012 , I like to start out with the first opportunity that we had ( because of her work ) to go out and load up our Bicycle's and head to the San Fernando Valley . To be more precise , Balboa Park & Balboa Lake . The latter , I have never been to as of now . Funny really , hence I've spend many Summer months playing Soccer on those Fields . A whole bunch of memories and tough battles with/against other ( especially European ) Teams . One I like to mention , was when the only time my Grandfather from Germany was visiting . That Sunday , I remember .. I've scored four Goals and could have made it five .. if I didn't miss a Penalty Kick/Shot . It did hit the Post and bounced to the outside of the Field , with no chance for a second try .


Anyway , we spend about three hours at the Park . First it was all around the Park and Golf course .. about ten (10) miles my guess . Then , around the Lake a little .. as most was only for walking not riding . Halfway around we sat down for some rest , after all .. it was only the second time using our new Bikes . By now Qing started to feel some pain in her leg's and was not able to walk around the entire Lake . 


Rested somewhat , back to the Car ( 1 mile ) for a trip home .. where Qing had to work a night-shift . I did feel sorry for her , but I think it wasn't enough to make her feel much better . On the other hand , I did not feel anything painful . I kind of knew from my Soccer days , it will show up the next day and it sure did . So I think Qing feels better now , that we also share the pain along with the pleasure . Like they say , no pain .. no gain ! Just trying to figure out , what did I gain ? haha



2 comments: