Monday, July 18, 2011

A "Delight" under the "Night" !

Last Saturday , was our first Concert under the night sky .. here near our Home . Something I have been looking forward to . Knowing pretty much all the Band's/Singer's from the 50's-60's-70's , this was not one I wanted to miss . It happens to be " AMERICA " and their are on their 40th Anniversary Tour , with one more Show left after this Performance . Of course everybody knows the Song " A Horse with no Name " and sure all know .. this is NOT about a Horse at all . Anyway , Qing and I first enjoyed a Asian Buffet ( mostly Sushi for me haha ) . Stuffed and no need to buy Refreshments/Drinks at super high prices , that make the Admission look like it's Free . So the Show was to start at 8:00 pm and we arrived about 6:30 pm and most good ( near the Stage ) were already taken . So we stand there among the Crowd and look for a place to put our Chairs , when Someone saw us looking further and further back away from even being able to count the Band members when it's time . Well almost ! So here comes a Guy and ask Me , if I wanted two Seat's in the front ? My first thought of course .. was , how much does he want for those ? So I ask Him , to my surprise .. he said ! Nothing , two of my friends did not show up .. so their yours . Heck , he did not have to say that twice . Well now , I would have never thought .. we would be sitting in the third row and just a little to the left of Center Stage . I now really felt a little Quilty , not haveing to dish out some kind of Money for those . When right next to me , sat all the VIP's in their Chair's .. having paid somewhat more then my $ 5.00 first come first serve Ticket . Also a great start for both of us , even before it started .


Eight PM came , here comes "America " with four .. over sixty or close to it and are about to sing all that they know .
All I can say , what a great Performance .. even Qing was busy waving the US flag ( the ones everybody recieved entering ) . This was by far one of the best Concert's , along with " The Who " . I also thought of it being funny , they call themselves " America " when they actually come from England . Then again , what Band doesn't ?


Sunday , Qing and I went to Home Department Store to get some Spot Light's for our soon to be reallity Water Fountain and all the Wood for Qing's Buddha and Accessories .


As one can see , I'm still putting the finishing touches on Patio and Backyard . I will up-load some Photo's again , when I have them ready .
Back to the Store , I like to share how Store's are trying to ceat People . Last week , we went to the same Department and saw the Bar Table/w two Chair's ( to match our large Patio Table ) on SALE . This is what the sign read  .. $ 200 off - Regular price $ 499 .. so $ 299 to buy . This time the sign read .. $ 100 off - Reg. price $ 399 .. so still $ 299 to buy . Now , I wasn't going to pay $ 299 .. when I bought the large Table / w six Chair's and Cushion's for only $ 399 . This is where I got to show Qing , I can bargain too .. and I'm not even Chinese ( well I learned that from her of course and my Trips to China ) . The Manager comes buy and see's us looking this Table over and I told him about the " Two Sale Sign's " I have seen . He played like he had no idea ??? Anyway , he tells us .. this is the last one and I can let it go for $ 250 . I was thinking more like $ 199 , so I told him too much for this " Little " Table . He left us alone again and I told Qing , there is no way I will Pay more then what I think this is worth . It is after all " Made in China " . haha   naturally !
He came back a second time and I told him , I'll pay $250 .. but no Tax on it . Well , it didn't take him long .. before he lowered the Price down to $ 225 .. as he told me he can not take the Tax off . Good enough for me , let's wrap it up and I'll take it .. Ohhh , and don't forget to put one of those $ 5 Plugs in the middle .. hence I don't need an Umprella .


This must of gained me some PLUS Point's in my LaPo's Book . I know , we here are not use to Bargaining in our Stores .. but then again .. why not try . People that been to China know this very well , stuff Made in China can be Bargained there .. so if you feel your being taken for a ride .. give them He** ! or tell them to Sho** it !

No comments:

Post a Comment