Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Busy Weekend , with a lot of Driving .

As we knew that Saturday was going to be fairly busy , it was early to Bed on Friday . At 06:00am it was out for just myself , as I was to drive to a Swap-Meet and be there at no later then 08:00am . Having made an Appointment to buy/pick up our new bought Fountain on last Sunday , but didn't have my Pick-up with me at that time .

Everything seemed just great , as I pulled my Pick-up's back Gate to their's .. so it was only pushing/pulling the four pieces that make up the final Fountain from their's to mine . That looked not difficult as I only watched them working to get it done .

As one became two .. three , finally the fourth part .. I could see my poor Truck become a Low-Rider in front of my Eyes . This must be at least a 1000 lbs. we are taking about here . Now as I was ready to go and bring this Load home , thought's of how the Heck will I get this "OFF" my Truck ?

Arriving Home , Qing is up by now and .. the first thing she's worried about .. is me of course . Ohhh .. this is too heavy for you .. remember your Back ! Well , yes of course I remember my Back . Had that go out a couple of times in my time and it is no fun .. hurts for day's .

Under the watchful Eye of my LaoPo , I started to carry off the smallest of the four . See Sweetheart , it's not too bad . Hahaha .. this smile quickly turned to a quite surprise . By the time I got to number three , we were ( I was ) lifting some 300 lbs. easy . With Qing's help , we managed to get the top three back near the place of where it will stand proudly .. some day ??? So now what , with the biggest of all daddy's ? We are looking at some 600 lbs. with very little to hold on to , even to push it . I needed to get this Monster of my Truck , I need the Car for Work the next day . Turning on the Light Bulb in my Head , something lit up .. you better get help ! Poor Neighbor , he did not know what was coming . Ahh .. no problem he said , eye-balling this thing and the little more than the two feet down to the Garage Floor . All the Wood and Re-inforcement in place , old Shingles that I had left over from the Patio cover .. I placed at the point of impact .. when 600 lbs. meet Concrete Floor . Pull/Push , and here it goes .. sliding by its own weight and us having no control of its Speed down . Bamm .. it cut through about six Shingles like it was Butter , but it only did sleight damage on a very sensitive area .. but no problem to fix . 

Yeah .. it's down .. but now what ? Well it's still sitting there in the same spot , but ready for Four/4 Weight-Lifter's .. as I have fasten a strong Tow-Rope around the base with four chains at each corner for Lifing this Baby . 

Anyway , this is for another day .. as I need to look for those Heavy-Weights that can do this without killing themselves .

That out of the way , it was of to the Beach . Our old LA Soccer Club ( German ) for our yearly Picnic at Ventura State Beach .

Wanting to arrive there no later than 1:00 pm , which we made after this exciting Morning .

Spending most of the Afternoon , eating Lunch-a few Beers-a walk on the Beach and seeing one thing that shocked me somewhat . How old everybody has become ( of course me included ) and it really shows .. that there is just no new Blood ( Member's ) joining our Club anymore . I think in a couple more year's , we might as well close out Clubhouse and call it a great Time looking back some fourty year's me being a Member .


Father " TIME " doesn't stop .. even for " Soccer Player's " ! It certainly was a wonderful time and a big part of my Life , that will always be special to me and many that played in our Team .. especially winning the City Championship a few times and the yearly held German "Wander Pokal" Cup .. where many US Cities participate in .





2 comments:

  1. Got a pic of the four piece fountain ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Chong , I will take some and post them . I have been cut off the Internet for over a week , so I haven't done much here or our Forum .

    ReplyDelete