Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Almost finished with the Backyard steps

As the Photos show, I can be pleased the way they came along. All that is left now, is to fill in the void below the Steps with dirt and top it off with Bark for the natural look. After that, I will install 12Volt lighting on the right side along the Steps and add a nice California Palm Tree to the upper left.

This will have to wait a while, as I need a break.. that was after all pretty physical work and out in the bright Sun/hot Temp's too. To think, I've put in exactly 76 ( 3 1/2 in. ) screws to tie it all together. Drilling beforehand and using a Ratchet to drive them home. The lower base, which is made up of 4" Concrete with 10" stakes into the ground to strengthen the Staircase to the maximum.


It just surprises me, that I did not think of doing this earlier? It's not like, I'm afraid of heights!



So, that complete's the Stairs project! Now, whomever is thinking of going to the "Great Wall" can practice here... right in my Backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment