Friday, May 17, 2013

What do we do....

... having the Construction Project done and finally some time to relax a couple weekends, a new decision had to be made.

Going to the Grand Canyon/Sedona for a few days, that made us think of something that we could have used in San Francisco a while back. That was a GPS or a Smartphone, to have handy so not to get lost... or to find a place(s).

Not to have that problem on our next trip, Qing and I were talking about an IPhone 6 or the new Galaxy phone coming out. Both of us not wanting anything to do with a Contract, so we need to buy it out-right to have a low monthly payment on it.
We were leaning towards the IPhone, because Qing thinks... the Galaxy phone is made by LG (Korea). She thinks of all their Products are very nice looking on the outside, but cheap on the inside. Having seen a few products (especially the Gas Stove we had looked at), was just exactly that. Beautifully designed, but mostly with plastic instead metal.

Fine I thought, this will be the IPhone than. Haha... only for a couple days, until'... we need a better Camera for our next trip! After my Brain computed this, I quickly "printed out"... it will be this or that and not both! At least not now and for the upcoming trip.

A week went by and with much back and forth, it turned out... the Camera was more important. Had only my six year old, 7 pixels little digital camera. Looking at several, we found one where we actually get the second Lens free. So besides having a 5-55mm std., we also received a 55-200mm with it for nothing. A "Nikon" (knee-cone..as Qing says) with all the bells and whistles, that will give me plenty to figure out how to use it. Good for the "Auto" button and 14 pixels, that is great... after you learned how to hold it.

Of course I will test it at home first, but where do you put the Film in?   Just kidding!
What shocked me too, was the fact... when I bought my (small) Canon... the biggest Memory Card was 2GB. Now they sell mostly 6-8GB cards. So guess, I'll be ready for a few thousand photos with no problem? Don't expect me to load them all here though, I refuse!

No comments:

Post a Comment