Saturday, October 19, 2013

Arrrrgh..... sometimes I wonder?

Really!!!

Qing and I thought today was a good day, to go out and look for new Bath Towel's/Wash Cloth's for ourselves. I never imagined this would lead to an multi-store shopping experience. Our first stop was... give you all one guess! Of course, Bed-Bath&Beyond... figured they have nice and not the cheap stuff. We guessed right! The only thing about those Towels, was that they got me kind of upset with the Manufacturers of these Towels.
Okay, first let me explain... that we were looking for large Towels "with" hooks for hanging. Well, we did find large Towels... but the problem number one arrived.
Those lovely Towels were a good five-six feet long and some "Genius" thought of putting the hook into one of the corners. Now, two things need to happen for you to be able to hang those; 1st: You need to have a hook on the wall/door about 6 feet off the floor, so the Towel doesn't hang on the floor. 2nd: If one is a short Person and can not reach that high... well get the Ladder out.
Why didn't they put the darn hook in the "Middle" of the Towel? Ohhhh... that would make Sense!

Good thing I have a lot of Patience, because this took some away from me. Then, after giving up on those... we checked out the "Personalized" (with Letter) next. Loved them! Ones again, we get the cold shower... there is no "Q" for my Sweetheart. All the Letters are there except Q-X-Y-Z! Time to talk to the Manager! You bet I did!

I was gentle though and nicely ask him, "What if someone choose's a Letter for their "Last" Name instead of "First"? I'm sure there are a few with those missing letters, which he agreed fully with us. Of course I wont hold my Breath, that anything gets done or even mentioned to make a change.

Anyway, we did find some nice ones at Dillards (Ralph Loren), no hooks though. Being tired by now, I told Qing... I will add/sew some hooks to these. The reason we need the hooks and not hang the Towel straight on our Towel-hanger, is because it's made out of Metal and would leave stains on the Towels... especially when placed on them "Wet". On the way home, I had a Idea... why not put some plastic "Finger" cut from a plastic glove over the Metal? Bingo, problem for today... solved!
Glad this is over now for a few years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment