Monday, November 11, 2013

A Handshake.. is a Handshake.. but?

Yesterday, Qing and I happen to be in Simi Valley to visit a Friend of ours.. not to shake hands though.
No, that was for other reasons I don't need to get into.
What was added to our visiting, was.. that my Friend and Son/Daughter were going to an Ice Rink to see some of the "Kings" players (like Drew Doughty) for one. Ones we got there, I could not believe the Line of People waiting for Autographs. Let alone finding parking.
After getting tried looking, I just double-parked the Car.. as we only had about 25 minutes to spend because Qing had to work that afternoon.
This is where we ran into none other.. then the one and only "Bob Miller" the Kings longtime TV announcer. I did see "Him" many times before, but I never had the opportunity/pleasure of shaking his hand.
Well, as I was doing that.. I noticed that Bob looked much younger (10yrs. at least) then on the Tube.
It might sound a little crazy, for a grown Man to be excited meeting a TV personality.. but me being a Kings fan since 1973 (40 yrs.) makes it special to actually get to shake hands with him.
On a side note though, I kind of felt weird.. because I was wearing my German National Soccer Jersey instead of a Kings sweater. I know.. I know, most Fans that saw me must of thought..? You know what I mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment