Monday, April 4, 2011

How was it ... ?

So where do I start ? I guess at my Hometown Railroad Station , where I boarded a Metrolink train . Like I have said , my first ever Public Transportation on the Ground in America . Amazing , that I'm here 40+ years already .. to decide .. now I'll try it ! It's not really the $ 4 gas prices in a way , it's what been talked about and that is $ 5 prices . So this finally push me beyond no return and here it was .. first day going to Work .. not under my own Control . Just hope that the one driving the Train is NOT texting while moving . I don't want to be part in a repeat of the "Chatsworth Tragedy" . In a way , I was somewhat excited .. but that kind of fated into the morning Sunrise . Why ? Well , I found out .. how "Slow" this Thing is going . I did retain myself though , this is going to be good at some point .. I keep telling myself . One of the first things I did , was of course compare it ( where there is really NO comparison ) with China's and Germany's .. from what I remember . The other thing I have noticed , was it was pretty FULL by the time I got closer to place where I get off . This stayed true , on my return Trip . I could hardly find a Seat , as this Train started out at the Union Station in Los Angeles . Ones seated , I got my next fear proven to be true too . Most of the way Home , it is a "Single" Track and I kind of knew .. this meant .. two-way Traffic on one Track is not good . Especially with Freight Trains also sharing these Tracks with the Metrolink . After only ten minutes , our first Stop/Wait for the "Other" coming towards us .. waiting almost ten minutes for the Downtown heading Train to pass us . For that they have placed dual Tracks next to each other for just that reason in many place , in the 35 miles I need to go . Here I am , wondering .. is this Train going to really take only 75 minutes to get me back to where I have parked my Car ? Lucky me , well .. all the Passenger's .. I'm sure .. it was our only "Wait for Other's" . I did arrive at the time on the Schedule and I can ( have to ) live with this for now . Knowing me , I'll be back in my Car .. as soon the Gas prices drop again . haha One other thing , that kind surprised me after I got back into my Car ( no it was not broken into ) , but as soon the Metrolink left the Station .. about no more than five minutes later .. there comes a Freight Train where I just came from . I honestly can tell you , this Train was following us pretty close . The amazing thing is , this train was at least a good or close to 2 miles long it seemed . This had to be close to a hundred Cars or more . Three Engines in the front and one ( running ) in the back too .. pushing . So , I made it home about the same time I do driving myself .. which I like . Tomorrow .. Act two ! I do have all of April to weigh the Pro's and Con's of it all .

No comments:

Post a Comment