Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bring out the Tools .

Why ? Because we are starting on a Project that I was going to do years back already . Digging out my Plans that I made many Moons ago , but never started .. due to Personal or Money issue's at the time . So here I am and decided this would be the Weekend to get it finally going .


" The Patio Cover " in our Back Yard .


After having bought material for the early stages of this Project ( Do it Yourself ) , it was a go this time . My Neighbor offered to Help whenever I needed it . So , as the Hammer and Nails .. the Saw and of course my earlier Know how .. having done Construction work back in New York for four years in the seventies . As the Sun was starting to set , we finished all that we set out to do on Stage 1 . Now it was time to clean/pick up all the Tools and sweep the Deck , sit back and have a few Beers with my Neighbor . Looking at what we accomplished , it felt pretty good . Having done a great Job so far . Having to thank my LaoPo for helping me lift those Header Boards ( 4"x6"x11' ) to the Top of the Post's .. twice .


Now on to the next step , completing the rest of the Rafter's ( 12 more ) and on to put on the Cover and water-proofing the part that will not be open . As for the final touch up , which include Wiring for a over-head Fan .. Lights .. Speaker's for Music and a place for Qing's Buddha .


I will post Picture's as the Project continues to it's completion , which hopefully will be by the end of June .

No comments:

Post a Comment