Thursday, May 19, 2011

This Month is going by fast .... but not much ..

After Celebrating our Anniversary and finishing our Garden , not much has happened . It's been kind of slow ( reminds me of Work )at Home . The only thing lately I've been up to .. is making Plans for our Patio Cover in the back of the House . Also contacted a Friend , that is willing to come and help when I'm ready to put up the Ledger Board to the side of the House . The rest is going to be formality . I will definitely post some Photo's when I'm done with that .


The other thing I like to mention , last Weekend while I was checking my side Patio .. I noticed that something strange is happening to my eleven year old Albizia Tree . On the upper part of about have the Branches , I saw that some of the Bark was missing ? After further inspection , I came to the conclusion .. that it must be either Rat's or Squirrels eating the Bark . I'm sure either one of those Pest's , because I can actually see the Teeth marks going around the Branch in a neat fashion . Asking questions at Nurseries if they ever heard of such incidences , all I received back was a surprised .. NO .


So , I could not just leave it at that and have that beautiful Tree die on me . Going to an Home Improvement Store and I armed myself with a Repellant Spray and for the upper part of the Tree .. a mix of Vinagar and Water . This has so far done the Job quite well , with no further Chewing going on at Night . Hopefully , the Tree will recover from this . I would really hate to see it go and have the need to take it out after such a long time .


A Home-Owner's Job is never DONE ... is it ?

2 comments:

  1. Really , I love this Tree ! Because of it , I never had to build a Patio Cover on the side of the House . It gives perfect Shade to the seating area . That would be a shame .. to loose it . So far all is good and it's new growth is coming in normal all over , but my Fingers are crossed .

    ReplyDelete