Monday, July 23, 2012

A wonderful Weekend of Shopping!

Ohhh... how I love to go shopping with my LaoPo! NO.. I'm not kidding one bit.

By shopping, I mean Food shopping and not the Mall type. Saturday it was to start with a trip to Costco. As this place has been called the $300 Store myself and others, this time was to be different. Sweetheart, today we only get what we "Really" need and we stick by that. Of course one never knows what the outcome is going to be, after walking through their doors.

I took charge and just proceeded to walk at an accelerated pace this time, trying to avoid too much of a look at anything we didn't come for.
No need to tell you, Qing and Son were way behind in their effort to keep up with my pace.

Anyhow, checking in all items in our Cart.. had me guessing about half of the usual $300+ on other visits. I see the total, and my guess was pretty close .. $ 142, which brought on a "Wow" you are very close from my LaoPo.

This had to be the cheapest we ever got out of this place. I assume, they call this "Controlled Shopping"  hahaha.. which is hard to do at Costco. People that shop those Stores know very well.. I'm sure.

On to Sunday;
as a good Customer of mine, suggested a new (or newer I should say) Asian market not to far from the one we always go to. After an hour, Qing had noticed that this market has a couple things she did not like about it.
1st.; the Store was newer alright, but one had to pay for that luxury.
2nd.; this Store was mostly Philippino Food and not much Chinese.
Before getting it checkered out, it was a second look through our Cart. Qing decided, a handful items were either too expensive or really had no necessary need for it.. after all.

Now, it was off to the 99 Ranch Market.. our one and only nearby Chinese/Korean/Japanese with some western stuff thrown in for good measure. Seeing some of the items bought at the "New" market, Qing was sorry to see.. they over-charged us.. even if it was only a few Cents difference. One more reason, I love my LaoPo.. watching every Penny and that while she really doesn't need too. But this is the Chinese in her and I like it or better yet.. I love it.

Finally, why the Title " Wonderful Weekend".. when all (most of it) it was spend shopping?

That's easy, because I love to do anything with my LaoPo and be able to have a good time.. that's why!

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way with Gina. I hate Mall shopping but I really dont mind grocery shopping with her. For the Mall, she has my sister who lives to shop and she loves going with Gina. They can both shop all day. And my sister knows how to shop for a bargain and is teaching her that so its all good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, I can't say that I dislike Mall shopping (it depends if I'm in need of something too), but it is a long process and I do get tired after hours of it. She does wants/likes me to be there, when buying Clothes.. she wouldn't want anything I will not approve off. Same goes for my Clothes, that is a good thing.. because I still at this age.. like to buy stuff too tight on me. After wearing it later, I'm glad she "Made me" NOT get those kind of Clothes. You know, I think I'm a Medium and she says.. Large.

    ReplyDelete