Friday, July 6, 2012

Well, that didn't take long!

Of course what I mean by this.. is Tianchi (Tachi .. the English name we gave him) has learned to ride the Bicycle in just over two days. After a couple of spills (minor ones), he now rides it as if he's done it for years. Funny, looking back to my childhood.. it had taken me much longer to learn. That reason was due to, not having a Bike that was my "Size" back then. Had to learn on my Uncles "Big" bike, we had very little money at that time.. leave alone buying a Bike.

Anyway, Tachi and I ride it now a few times a week for about one(1) to three(3) miles close by our house.. while Qing is at work.

Having had Wednesday off, because of the 4th of July.. us and a Friend head over to Fillmore for the annual Celebration in this little Town near Santa Paula/Ventura. In store was, first of all.. seeing my ex-Son in-law (actually... I still consider him to be just that) plus the Car Show/Chili Cook-off and a Train ride with an old Steamer back a 100+ yrs. in time. Saying "Hi" to Lonny (Son in-law) which by the way.. is the manager of the Band "House Arrest". Having noticed that they have changed their Lead Singer again once more. I really think, they have a wonderful replacement this time. A very powerful/great voice, that makes this Band in my honest opinion... "Super".

Listening for some time, it was on to see the Antique Car's from as far back as the 20's I think. That was something special for Tachi, as he has never seen Classic's they had lined up on many streets around Town. We skipped the "Chili", as Qing thought.. they most likely be "Too" hot for both of them. Me, on the other hand.. I could handle most Peppers in any dish one puts in front of me.

On the list, this time.. was the Train ride towards Santa Paula (which I never had taken part of).. that was to last for an hour. We all are glad it wasn't longer really, not because it was no fun.. but because it was pretty "Hot" outside with not much Shade to speak off.

Overall, as usual.. a very nice day. One exception though, was the fact.. Tachi being kind of spoiled.. wasn't too happy when we told him that he had to work on his Puzzle at home. He'd rather "not" go on the Train, he said without thinking there will be consequences following such behavior. Dragging him along to the Train so to speak, til he finally gave in.. when no other way out was visible. Of course too, knowing that he pretty much (for the moment) only gets disciplined from Qing.. as I can not talk or scold him in a way I'd like too.. due to the fact there is a Language barrier. My Mandarin/Shanghaiese is not really up to par, but who can blame me for that? Believe me, I try.. but this got to be the hardest Language of any. If you don't believe it... try it!

Again, some Photo's here...










No comments:

Post a Comment