Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Jan. 24th... a date I'll always remember!

It has been now six (6) years already since I had to endure one of my greatest challenges in Life, a Spouse can ever be faced with. Losing ones Life's partner of nearly thirty (30) years, due to none other... than Cancer.

Some, actually many, have told me that I should let my past "be" and "only" think of my Life now with Qing. Yeah... that is easy to say from someone never having gone through such ordeal. There are just some things I can not (or want to) ever put aside as it never happened and why should I?

Anyway, every time Jan. 20th (Nancy's birthday) or Jan. 24th comes around... I think of her and I spend time to think back. All the special times- the special places, yes... even the not so good times. Those especially sadden me now/still, as I look to see... how I could have been "better" to avoid these rough moments in our marriage. I know, we all can't be (and nobody is) expected too... not have a quarrel in a Relationship of any length. The character I am, it still makes me feel "sorry" and "ashamed" for not having had a better understanding or more patience back then.

So, my thoughts do wander back at this time of each year... but still appreciating the most wonderful LaoPo/Wife I have now. Actually, Qing is...I can't even find the right words to describe this amazing Woman... I'm so fortunate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment