Thursday, July 11, 2013

Grand Canyon-Sedona Trip... part 3 !

Sunday morning arrived and a new schedule for today, was a Trip south this time from Flagstaff. Through Oak Creek Canyon and down to Sedona.
First came the "stuffing" of our Faces ones more, before anybody had any interest going anywhere... haha.

This was to be a lot shorter drive today, about one hour and fifteen minutes at most. It wasn't straight from point "A" to point "B" though. First stop was the famous "Rock Slide" Park, where People gather to have fun/play in the Mountain Creek of Oak Creek Canyon. This is what People do, when there is no Beach nearby. Like every Park nowadays, it costs $$ to get in and this was no different. $20 per car (up to four People) or $3 more for each additional Person. I'm glad they only get you "Coming" and not both ways.... yet.

This stop wasn't without surprises though. Happy as can be the day before, Mr. Son (Tianchi) all of a sudden had a "Hyde" moment. How and why, Qing and I had not the slightest idea.. I think "He" didn't even know (see photo).

While Qing try'd to change his mood (which did not work), I was not to have my time ruined in this wonderful place. I let them (chinese Women don't care if in Public under a lot of People) straighten things out, with Qings voice three notches higher than normal. Moved down to where everybody was jumping from the rocks into the flowing water below. After a while, I was almost ready to take off my shoes/socks/shirt and join them. Had second thoughts though and when I told Qing of this, she said.. quote  "But you will get wet"! We are not prepared for swimming! Hahaha... in this hot weather, I would have been dry in 10-15 min. You  must understand my Sweetheart though, she runs for cover if she feels "One" drop from above.

We'd spend about two hours in the Park, as we needed to be in Sedona by 2:30pm for our "Pink Jeep Tour". I had made reservations for the 3 hour Tour, into the Cliff's of the famous red rocks surrounding Sedona. Now, I have no need to tell you.. that Mr. "Hyde" turned back to normal, ones seated in the Jeep and ready for a 4X4 Tour of a Life time.

So instead of walking near the "edge" by a Canyon, we did it in a car this time. Three of us put our Life's in the nice driver (John) hand, so what can go wrong? Going up/down nearly 45 deg. and driving circles on top of a mountain peak, with only inches to spare. All lean to the left he (John) tells us, otherwise the Jeep might slide too far to the right...! What if it does? Ooops.. that's what!  While we are all leaning left, this (crazy) Guy spins "Donuts" on the top of the red rocks over-looking Sedona. I was a little worried, I wasn't getting my 3 hours I've paid for here.

Actually, this was the most "Fun" I've had in a long-long time. My better half and (smilling by now) Son also had a blast. I would certainly recommend this Tour to other's, if ever in the area.

On the way back to the Jeep depot, I'd ask John for a good place to eat dinner? He showed us a Restaurant in town, that sat right along the Oak Creek with a wonderful view no less. I must mention the Ahi Tuna Burger, it was Mouth watering good. I try'd to remember the name, but I'm getting old and can't for my Life think of the name now.

So comes another Fun-filled day to an end and back to our Hotel ones more. Monday's schedule, see the Skywalk (west end of the Grand Canyon)- Hoover Dam- Las Vegas (for dinner) and home.

to be continued....





No comments:

Post a Comment