Thursday, July 11, 2013

Grand Canyon-Sedona Trip...part 2 !

Second day of Trip started with a very nice Breakfast, that came with the price of the Hotel. So we took advantage of having a "Hot" (Egg's-Saugage-Waffle's) early Meal to get us on our way. Destination... Grand Canyon south Rim and desert View, plus a short hike down the Bright Angel Trail. The latter, shortened by an afternoon thunder shower. The showers isn't what stopped us from going deeper into the Canyon, but the strong wind and the sand slowly turning into mud did. Not something you feel comfortable with, considering there is a 2000+ feet drop next to you only a couple feet away.

Me myself have been to the Canyon many times before, but for Qing and Tianchi it was of course special. What made it more interesting, is the fact.. you don't see anything before you actually only a few yards from the Rim itself. I, of course enjoyed the look on faces, wondering where and when are we there?

Having parked the Car and a short little walk, it was "Whoola"... there it is! The first thing out of their mouth's, was nothing other then... WOW! What shocked me later, was that both of them seemed to have little worry of getting too close near the edge for a Photo shoot. It made me more nervous worrying about them, than I was about my own safety. I also noticed that other People sure are brave standing on rocks near the Rim without railings whatsoever. I guess at my age now, I've turned either... "Smarter" or in to a "Chicken"?

It was an exciting day by all means, but being almost 6:00pm.. it was time to think about going back to Flagstaff and find a place to eat dinner. We did find a great Restaurant (Buster's) where we enjoyed Scallops/Crab cakes/Chicken florentina and all was excellent.

Time to think of the next days drive to Sedona/Oak Creek Canyon/Pink Jeep Tour.

to be continued....







2 comments: