Thursday, October 8, 2009

How things are going , since I'm back Home ?




Well , as I have writen already about what was waiting for me ... when I returned Home from my fourth Trip to be with my Sweetheart . This is what I saw , going into my Garage on Friday night after getting Home tired and beat . I was so ready for a nice Hot shower , especially after such a long flight and long day . But as it happened , I had to turn off the water supply to the Hot water Heater and also the Gas supply to it . There went me nice Hot shower , that turned into a Cold one . Anyway , it's been a week tomorrow and all that happened so far ... was somebody from my Homeowner's Insurance come and take some Photo's . Boy was he surprised , I don't know why ? I told them over the Phone how bad it was . The Water Heater can't be replaced till the base and the three walls on all sides next to the Tank get replace or repaired , only then can they bring in the new one and I can have my Hot water back . This is a 9 year tank , so it's only four years old and under full Waranty of course . The rest my Homeowner Ins. will cover . The thing is , I don't know how long this will drag on now . Obviously the wall's , as one can see has Molt on them already . That goes also for my Master bedroom - walk-in Closet , the little Toilet room next to it and the Washroom . All have damage , as they are the same walls as the ones surrounding my Water Heater . Now , I'm taking shower's over at my Neighbor's house every other day . I don't want to bother Him too much , so it's a cold one inbetween . I can live with this just fine , reminds me of my Camping day's .
One the other hand , the Main break of my sprinkler system ... I fixed on Sunday myself . It was not in the easiest place to repair . Almost under my walkway leading to my front door . I was sore the next day from being on my Knee's and digging almost two feet down . Alway's in an awkward position to be in , where your knee's hurt and the rest of your Leg's fall asleep every 5 - 10 minutes .I guess , I'll be thankful it was not worse .
Tomorrow , the People that remove Molt ... will come to the House and see what to do next . As this stuff needs to be handled with care and with Breathing apparatus's and special bag to put in . I can imagine what's inside those walls by now ? I want it to be done right and have it in writing that it is done so . As it will be on file with my Deed to the House , so if Qing and I ever decide to sell it ... there will be no problem later on that subject .
I certainly will make sure , they will also install under the Tank a metal pan with a drain to the Garage floor . So this will never happen to the walls again .

4 comments:

  1. Between now and when Qing arrives, if you think about her too much, you can go and have a cold shower! hahaha

    I hope it gets fixed soon, Arnold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have things well under control there, Arnold. Hope they get all the mold removed soon and get you back into some hot water (haha, pun intended).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha .. Martin , I'll need that when she here . Matter of fact ... she will need one too .

    Carl , I sure hope it all will be taken care of , by the time Qing get's here . I hate to have her come and find the walls removed and only cold water in the house .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hope all will be "repaired" ASAP and,even if you can't have some hot water when Qing will arrive... don't worry too much about it, because if the water is not... the weather will :D

    ReplyDelete