Sunday, October 4, 2009

Back to my Blog of worries !

Oh how nice my last Trip to be with my LaoPo was . How can I not be over- joyed seeing my wonderful Wife again . Especially after her passing the Visa Interview and soon be here with me ... finally . That by itself is making both of us , as happy as one can be .
But , coming Home ... had a few surprises waiting for me . First , I was greeted home ( after my Neighbor's greeting ) to not only a bad leaking Hot Water Heater . Which of course meant , no Hot water til it get's replaced . But the three walls surrounding it in the Garage are all badly damaged to the point it wet the walls in my Washroom and Floor , but also the Masterbedroom walk-in closet and carpet as well . Which has mold on the walls there already . So now it's a big repair to cut out all that , before the Tank can be replaced ... as it's base is also damaged . the good part is , Homeowner's Insurance will cover all the repair work necessary and I have extended warranty on the Heater too . But it's the incovenience that this all brings along with it . I do have to go back to work , so when and how is all this going to be done ? Haven't figured that all out yet , as I got to get someone to come out and make a estimate of the whole thing . So , it was a COLD shower this morning ... after only sleeping for three hour's or less , worrying about this of course . So as I ran some errands in the early morning and was to go have Breakfast with my Neighbor that was watching my House while I was away , I received some more news that I did not really want to hear . The water main to my front sprinkler system sprung a bad leak also , which meant turning the water off completely . So now I'm up and it's passed three in the morning , not being able to sleep over all this . Now , no water at all till this sprinkler thing get's taken care off well today ... to have at least cold water in the house . How we take this for granded until you don't have it anymore ? I guess , it is with everything one needs or is so used to having ... not realizing how important they all are .
I did dug up the water lines by the leak , but have not decided yet to do it myself or have someone do it for me . Not having sleepped but some five hours total since being back does not make for a happy plumber for sure .
I hate to worry my Sweetheart with this , as she will read this ... but this is just part of owning a House . There really is no end of alway's needing something or something going wrong or wearing out . Ahhhh ... what do I do , not to get carried away and cry ... think of my Sweetheart of course and knowing she will be all part of this soon . It's so nice to share everything , including the Headaches . Hahaha .
Is that not right , my LaoPo ?
*** I LOVE YOU ***

2 comments:

  1. Sharing the load always helps, Arnold. Seems you are on top of it all. Glad it wasn't worse, as sometimes those water heaters can cause quite a bit of damage when they go. So look at the positive side... you still have a house! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carl , back to my Blog again . I just came from my Neighbor's house , took a nice Hot shower there . I did get the water leak outside fixed , did it myself and now have at least Cold water . Better then no water . Now tomorrow we'll see about the repair work to the walls and get an estimate for the Insurance . What a weekend . I finally get to sit down and relax , as tomorrow it's back to work .

    ReplyDelete