Friday, February 12, 2010

A first sign of wishing to be with her Son .

A few day's ago , Qing talked on Skype with her Parent's and using the Webcam . As I ... most of the time sit next to my Sweetheart , I understand very little if anything at all what's being said between them . I just like to listen my LaoPo talking shanghainese and dream ... I some day will be able to speak and communicate to some small level . Anyway , all seemed normal ... till the next day at the Dinner table . When Qing told me of her Son's ( Tianchi ) three day Hospital stay , for a Hernia Operation . For a Child ? This is what came to my Mind ... this only happens to older People , who do heavy lifting . So on it went , I also found out ... he was born pre-maturely . This explained what happened somewhat .
So , after all was said and done ... Qing's next sentence was , what a bad Mother she was/is . Not being there to be with him , was deep down really painful for her and also for me to witness . Something I could easy see in her Face .
This left of course a bad taste in my Mouth , as I felt really somewhat selfish ... having taken her away from her Son . Halfway around the World to boot .
The good thing being , he is back at Home with the Grand-parent's and doing fine . The reason I'm posting this on my Blog , is to make other's realize ... what one can be in store for , bringing a Chinese Lady/Wife to ones home-country and especially one with children that are left behind for whatever reason . Even if it's only for a short time . Remember , Chinese Family's are one of the closest nit in the World .

5 comments:

  1. Arnold, please tell Qing that I hope her son recovers quickly from his operation. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carl ,

    Qing does read my Blog and also the comment's , as my Post's still go automatically to her own E-Mail address .
    Her Son is going great now , back to being naughty like me . haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohoh... does that mean I have to watch what I say here now! Oops! j/k. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes to Qing and her son. Even though Zhifang does not have children, i often worry about taking her away from China as well. This was a concern before we got married, and is certainly still a concern today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We appreciate your well wishes , Martin .

    This is of course something that we both and other's knew would happen here and there , but it is out of our control . Felt quilty of course , but what is one to do ?

    ReplyDelete