Sunday, February 21, 2010

This is a Copy from the Forum . I'm getting lazy it seems ?

A little up-date over what gone on last week and this weekend . As the Spring Festival is in full gear in China , I've decided I will give Qing five day's off from Cooking Dinner for us both . So , after coming home from Work .. it was to get busy getting a American Meal on the Table . Now honestly , I'm not a Chef Emeril or the like ... but I have picked up some Tips from my late Wife over the many years . The one Dinner that stand's out , after going shopping at Costco ... where we picked up some Filet Migon and a couple of Lobster Tails for a special first time for Qing treat and served with Fettucini Alfredo and a wonderful Salad. Calories yes , but who cares ? She really enjoy's the break and learning new western dishes too . Saturday (yesterday) we went to Downtown LA or Chinatown to be exact , to see the Chinese New Year's Parade down Broadway . Which is a yearly thing there . Day started out great , as it has Rained all night but cleared in early Morning and did not return till the Parade was over and we had our Dinner at one of the Restaurant's nearby . Thanks for mother nature for being sooo kind .I have some Photo's to share we all of you .Today , we did not get out of Bed till about 10 o'clock .. as both of us were wiped out from the long day's all the week before . So , in the afternoon , I was showing Qing some Card games .. she could play by herself during the day , if she get's bored . The answer I received after she she learned how and try'd herself to see if she's got it all down , was ... this is not good . You do not have to use your Brain for it . Now , of course I felt guilty for all the times I play'd Salitaire by myself ... which was quite often when I had nothing else to do around the House and nowhere to go . I tell you , chinese don't like anything that doesn't inproof your Brain-power or makes Money . No wonder they are so smart at a much younger age then many of western Folks . I have to include myself in this group too .Makes one think , should I be proud of having such a smart Wife or feel stupid for not being at her equal ? haha waaahhhh .Anyway , so this Friday ( my Birthday ) I will take the day off and I will take Qing for her written test at the DMV . She decided to take it in chinese ( I had no idea they had the Test in dozen's of languages , some I never heard of ). I know she will do good . After getting the Permit , I think she'll be ready in a month's time for the driving Test . PS: A little hint I heard today , Germany would be a much better place to live ... she say's . I know she realized that it is pretty bad here in California's Economy , compared to Shanghai ... but I never saw that coming .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Arnold. So are you and Qing thinking about moving to Germany?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck NO ! Now that Hajo told me .. Germany is as bad off as Calif. and he's glad not living there right now , I'm not even concidering this thought . I told Qing the same thing . So if we are to leave the States in would be China for sure .

    ReplyDelete