Friday, February 5, 2010

The crazy Mind games ?

Yes ... this is what I'm talking about . With that I mean my own of course , not my LaoPo's . As most everything goes really well , even with this bad Economy ... something in the back of my Mind keeps saying one thing . I wish I was in Shanghai , like right now . I really miss that City and Qing's wonderful Family , the beautiful places to visit . The Food part not so much , as Qing is such a wonderful Cook ...this is one part I don't miss all that much . It is so amazing , finding myself loving " Tofu " ... " Seaweed " ... Jellyfish and wonderful other Dishes that my Sweetheart magically creates with this ONE tool alway's on the Stovetop ... called a " WOK " . Thing's , I know ... I myself could/would never have imagined eating . Much less cooking on my own . This is such a great bonus being married to such sweet Chinese Lady , to get to experience a World ... one can only read and hear about .


So , I wonder ... then why do I feel something is missing ? Am I really deep down half Chinese , as I alway's claimed to Qing ... to be ? Or is it , Qing spoils me so much ... I want to be more of a part of her Culture and know more of the History of her Heritage ?


On the other Hand , it could be that ... what is going on here in my own Country ? Not liking what I see anymore and how life here has changed so much . Not alway's for the better . Living here in the States for over forty years , maybe I'm ready for ( thank you Obama ) change ? Not that I lost total respect of my Homeland ( second ) , come to think ... the other day , we even made Potato Pancakes in the shape of Star's ( see Photo ) .


Well this was just my thought of the last couple month's , even before my Sweetheart came here .


4 comments:

  1. They did taste pretty good ... for left-over Mash-potatoes .
    By the way , on Saturday Qing and I made out first Cake together ( Lemon Bandt ) . Took it over to my Neighbor's for the Super Bowl Party and everybody just loved it . There wasn't a crumb left . Either of us had ever baked before .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cake is great too... especially freshly made cake that is still warm... with ice cream!!!! Congrats on your first one being such a great success, Arnold and Qing. :D Time to give that oven a workout. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arnold, I have had the same thoughts as you when it comes to not liking my own country as much as her country. Maybe it is the over all friendliness of the Chinese people, or the magnificent culture...both of which we are missing in North America.

    ReplyDelete