Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Driving with Miss Daisy ... oh Qing .. I mean !

So , want to update how the Driving and some of the other thing's are going so far .

On a not so bright side , Qing's ESL classes are giving her two weeks off . Not because it's going to be St. Patricks Day soon ( funny .. I chose green today ) , but because the State is out of Money and can not pay their Teacher's for a full year . It's sad , as this Class is a big success , as their are always full with People eager to learn the English language . But it is out of our control and we must live with that for now .

Now , back to Qing's driving progress . As we received a tip on where and what street's the DMV uses for it's driving test , we of course went there and are practising ... to make Qing feel as relaxed and not be too nervous as possible when the time for the actual Test comes . Her driving has improved and made advances just as I have hoped she would . Yesterday ( last night ) I took her to down a Country Road about 15 miles from our home and the way back , I guided her into a Freeway
on- ramp . She of course did not realize , she was on the Freeway .. till I told her to speed up to at least 55 -60 mph . This was as expected a shock , being on the first Freeway drive and at night too . I chose the night time , because much less traffic at that time . Did not want her to go into " FULL "Panic after all . So we cruised back for about 12 miles before getting off .. back into normal traffic . I try'd my hardest to convince Qing , while on the Freeway ... how much easier it really is , not having to worry about all the light's - stop signs and cross traffic all the time . But , she is not very comfortable at higher speed's . Something I saw already in China at a Amusement Park , like the wilder rides .

That brings me back to Sunday's fun filled day at the Family Fun Center . It was Race day again , doing the Go-Kart thing over . This had a really funny start . As the Operator explained the Rules of the Course , Qing just took off ... as she was in the first Car on the Track ... before the Guy gave the signal to go . I guess she wanted a pretty good ' HEADSTART " from the Field . Can I blame her for that ? So it turns out she got overtaken twice anyway . Hahaha .
After that , we went on to Miniture-Golf . This was Qing's first time and I tell you .. after a couple of Holes , she was right up to Par with me .
To continue this fun filled day , we drove to the " Happy Market " for some Food shopping , which Qing alway's enjoy's . She loves that Market , one can see it in her Eyes ! Or maybe it's Love instead ??? as I am right there next to her .. like a shadow .

3 comments:

  1. Great update Arnold! I always enjoy reading about how things are going for Qing, now that she is with you in California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martin .
    I do like to hop over to your Blog , whenever I can . Enjoy your up's and down's while going crazy with all the waiting and paperwork . But soon it will be your turn to report how Zhifeng is adopting to her new surroundings .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I chuckled when you told us how you got Qing to drive on the freeway. Hopefully she will learn to like them as fast ways to get around, especially in California. It sounds like Qing is making great progress in her driving... Congrats!!!

    Before she starts driving on her own, I suggest you take the time to explain exactly what to do in case of an accident so that she knows the steps to take in case it ever happens.

    You two had a grand day of it, from your description of all the fun you had. Keep up the great blogging, Arnold!

    ReplyDelete