Thursday, March 24, 2011

California Weather ?


I thought , I mention what the Weather is like in our little corner of the World .

First I do want to think and Pray for all those unfortunate People that lost their Life's in Japan and all the ones that lost their loved ones or their House and Home .
It's really somewhat of a shame , that it always has to come to an Earth-shaking experience/disaster for all Mankind to pull together and Help the less fortunate .
Why we can not do this on a Grand Stage during normal times , I guess is Human Nature and will never change . Greed and Hate = Kills .. Love and Kindness = Multiplies .. but NOT the mighty $$$$ . So keep on fighting .. and fighting .. ect.

Anyhow , what I really want to say .. is that it seems very strange/abnormal .. this kind of Weather I encounter lately . This is just between going to Work or coming Home . People that live here in Southern Calif. , know this is a very wet Winter and going into Spring as well .

So yesterday , I left a little earlier from Work .. as I knew something was on the way .. that would not make my driving Home a pleasant one . As some weeks before , it started to look pretty dark as I left Work and headed towards the Freeway . I have about 44 miles to my Home , with some Hills to climb from one Valley into the next .. that top off .. at some elevation of some 3,300 feet . This does present some challenges sometimes of very different nature .

My Trip started out with a nice steady downpour of Rain and the Temperature's dropping by the minute . This is what I worried about the most . Rain-Cold-High altitude equals " Snow " . Let me tell you , this 50-60 minutes drive .. had it all . By the time I made it to the first Valley ( Santa Clarita ) it was pouring Rain by the bucket's . As I reached the somewhat high elevation , it started to Snow and I mean " Heavy " Snow . Not that I don't love Snow ( have a lot of experience from Upstate New York ) , this was beautiful to watch .. but it scares the daylight out of me .. knowing most Southern Cal. driver's just do not know how to drive/handle a Car in this kind of Storm . What also backs up this worry , is many of the Cars I work on all day .. have bad Tires ( sometime down to the Steel ) on their Automobile's . Very encouraging , to know who is next to you at 60 mph plus in this Weather .
So coming close to Palmdale , I received the one thing that was missing so far .. care to Guess ?
" Wind " , that's right ! Whats a good Storm without trying to blow you off the Road ? Having a Car with over 500,000 miles on it , one would guess .. that the Steering is a little on the " Loose " side . Now this can almost duplicate driving on Ice and you're trying not to spin out . Ohhh .. I was glad I was Home . Turn on the Heater and take a warm Shower .. to forget what I just went through . Heck , it worked !

Knowing Calif. , the next couple of years will be very Dry or there is something wrong with this World .

No comments:

Post a Comment