Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ahhh .... the License has finally come !


.... or has it ?

Yes it has , but not without some problems of course .

Well a quick up-date on Qing's Drivers License . We received it finally on Thursday . Not without a surprise though .. actually two .

First: They screwed up her name .. First name - Qing Dusch ; Last name - Chu . Here in Calif. the DMV goes by your Social Security Card ( they must match or they will not send you the Lic. ) . So .. where did they screw up ? The SS Card reads * Qing Dusch - Chu * , which makes the "Chu" the middle name , now the Drivers permit has it down as * Qing Dusch Chu * .. so does her Green Card . The only difference is .. it's does not have the * - * seperating the middle name . So it must of looked like the " Chu " was her last name .. still with me ? So her new Lic. reads FN: Qing Dusch LN: Chu . Idiot's , after we spends about 30 minutes filling out her application for the Lic. Written and Driving Test's with this Employee from the DMV .. telling her over and over " CHU " is her Middle Name and Dusch her last ( like mine duhhhh ) . If there is something to screw up .. they find a way .. don't they ?

Second: After waiting almost eight months to receive it , it is only GOOD til Nov. this Year . This goes to show , the Immigration Department "IS" involved with the DMV Depart. .. which my Lawyer said was "NOT" when I ask him . This now means , after Qing has to adjust her Status on Nov. ( been two years ) they wait to see if she can stay here in the US first .. before giving her a License with a longer Valid date . Those suckers do find new ways to get Money from you whenever they need more of it . I know the next Lic. will cost a new Fee again , unlike mine that get's send automtically . So anyone's Wife here in the States ( that learns how to drive within those first two years before having her Permentant Green Card ) can expect to go through this also .

To add : When I called yesterday about the mistake they made .... ohh that'll be $25 Dollars to change the Name . Too bad , I can't slap that Person on the other Line through the Phone !

So it goes on .. and on ! Maybe someday these People will get something right ? I'm not holding my Breath though .

2 comments:

  1. Hi! This is Andy. Remember me from chinlove? When I got my first driver license 18 years ago they wrote my name backwards too. It is does not match my SS card which is correct so I don't think they link the two. It is like that since then. The police never even notice that when they stopped me. Never had any issue with it, but I should change it. Last time I ask to get it changed only think they want is a passport or some ID to change the name. Oh and my fiancee is coming from China next month if they finally mail her passport back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andy , I remember you of course .. your from the LA Area too .. right ? If I have the right Andy that is .
    Well let me first say Congrat's , on bringing your Fiancee finally over . I guess she's waiting for her Visa being put into the Passport , that normally doesn't take more then five day's at most .. unless they work like our Gov.

    About the License and the SS Department , they are linked . Here is what it says under Name-Change on a Drivers License .

    Please contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) to change your name on SSA records before you make an appointment with DMV to have your name changed on DMV records. DMV electronically verifies your name, birth date and social security number with the SSA.

    If your information does not verify, you will not receive your new California driver license or identification card. You will receive a Request for Verification of Information letter from DMV informing you that the information you provided (name, birth date, and/or SSN) does not match SSA’s records.

    See what I mean ? Her SS Card does have it right , but even then .. they couldn't get it correctly .

    ReplyDelete