Monday, March 28, 2011

A somewhat normal Day in Downtown LA .

Yesterday , Qing and I decided .. after telling her Boss at work she could NOT work on Sunday . Having worked Fri. and Sat. , I told her to tell them .. we'll be in LA and wont be back til late in the Evening . Gee .. I want to have some time with my LaoPo on the Weekend . So , I thought .. I'd take her to Downtown and do a sweep of " Chinatown " - " Olvera Street " - " Union Station " - Angel's Flight and all this walking on a nice and not too cold day . One does see so much more walking through Downtown .. then just driving through/by it all . First stop was Chinatown , just to Park the Car .. as this cost about half .. what Olvera Street would have been . Then , it was off to the Mexican Section which consists of many Restaurants,Souvenir and all kinds of items .. one finds crossing the Border down south . As expected , it was very busy with People packed everywhere . This kind of reminded me of Yu Yuan Gardens in Shanghai , mostly stuff you don't really need . Second , what is Mexican Items .. when they are .. and I'm not kidding .. Made in China . Funny !! Well , they almost got us buying something . We were looking at Key chains with our " Letter " on it , but decided against it .. after much talk .. yes -no-yes and finally no . Trying to buy something with a Mexican " Theme " when your Wife is Chinese is not easy to do . I don't blame her and I will not push the issue . Then , it was off to the Union Station .. which I wanted Qing to compare with what she's used to back Home in Shanghai . She was really impressed how clean and old this Station was , it does have a lot of History . The funny part is , one looks at the front of the Building and there is not a Track or Train in site .. no matter where or how hard you look for it .Amazing , all is at lower level then Street level . Now it was time to walk down quite a few Blocks to Bunker Hill and look for the " Angel's Flight " Railroad that even I have never seen or been on . The last time I was driving around Downtown looking for it , I could not find it if my Life depended on it . Even asking no less than three People for where it was located , was of no help . That was strange , we must of been not further from it .. that time .. then a couple of Blocks and nobody we ask knew of it . Made me think , are they all " Out of Towner's " . Hahah Jack Lemmon comes to Mind .. loved that Movie . Ahhhh .. there is was ! will be continued ... PS: Picture's will be added too on the concluding Post .

No comments:

Post a Comment