Sunday, June 5, 2011

Two Weekends down and can't believe what came up ?

Two Weekends going pretty much non-stop , working on our Patio Cover .



To think , I bought the House over eleven (11) yrs. ago . Thinking of doing this many .. many times , but somehow never got to it . Well , actually .. there was just too much other project's on Hand and this wasn't one of the most urgently needed item on that List .

Anyway , so here in only two full Weekends of hard labor .. it is standing there more than half finished . I guess it took my LaoPo's push to get me going and her brother's Wife coming to Visit us end of July or beginning August this year . Of course with today's Economy , I could have not done it without my LaoPo's financial help to get it off the ground .
I've have always been use to , do all I've done in Stages .. as Money was always a factor getting things moving at top speed . This I call "Team Work" ! Even she is very much involved , as she plays .. Contractor's Assistant ( measuring/cutting ) / Lifting and handing needed Tools/Supplies to me / and the most important of all .. she is a "Great" inspector . If you think , I could get away with Lousy and not so perfect Work .. I had another thing coming . Work did not proceed til this was taken care of , to her approval . Of course I knew about those small mistakes and I was going to fix them later , but NO ! This had to be taken care of first .

I never liked Inspector's , but I "LOVE" this one ! So far it is all approved now , but the Water-proofing and Shingles were discussed over and over .. how will you do this ? Have you done this before ? Do we really need all this ? Are you sure , water wont run down from the Roof onto the Patio ? The time I've been questioned , I could have finished with something .. I'm sure . hahaha

So here are some Photo's I took yesterday , before the Top was covered completely .

6 comments:

  1. Great post Arnold, and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaaaahh...
    That's very nice and looks beautiful !
    Well.. Maybe I should have a look onto Google to find some flights for a new destination for some holidays...
    Maybe for L.A ? :)
    By the way, just know I'm not that far away from your posts, Arnold ;)

    B.R
    Sylvain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would that be great , to meet you here in LA . It's good to know to still check in , but remember don't take too much precious time away from your Sweety .
    Anyway , thanks for the Comp .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very professional looking. How many days did it take to reach this point. At least, Q's an inspector that you can trust and pay with non-monetary means ... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciate the Comp.
    It took just two Weekends so far ( four days ). The last couple of days , I've been doing the Electrical work for two Lights and a Ceiling Fan , all done . Just need to buy the right Light fixtures and Fan that we both like . Now it's on to finish the top and waterproof it all with Shingles / Flashing and Trim .

    ReplyDelete