Sunday, November 20, 2011

Weekends are not Cheap !

To say the least !


The last couple of weekends , being Home and all .. have cost both of us $$$ . Away from Food Shopping and getting my Moms X-Mas Gift - mailing it , buying the Bicycle's has cost more than originally planned . Here we have Two (2) nice Riding/Cruiser's , not thinking how to get them from "Here" to "There" if going riding away from Home . I have my Truck of course , but I don't really like to just throw/lay them in the back .. on top of one another . Bike Racks needed !


Saw one where we purchased the Bikes ( Wal-Mart ) $140 , but did not pay to much attention to it .. as to .. is this the one I need ? So now I'm checking the Internet on Bike-Racks . All I could see .. is two kinds . Trunk-Mounted and Trailer-Hitch - Mounted . Upon looking further , I saw some Top of the Car/SUV rails I could Buy .. at about $450 for two Bikes . I did not really want to put Bikes way up there and feel comfortable transporting them that way . Getting them up and down didn't look attractive either .


Now what .. I thought ?
I have to Buy a Trailer-Hitch for our SUV . Here I already was thinking , oh God .. I'm going to have to get one Custom made and Welded on . I was lucky though , the Toyota Co . had already thought of all this ahead . After calling the Dealer , the one we buy our Part's from .. they have a Hitch that mounts directly to our Car with no Fuzz . Comes with all the Hardware/Wires for Lights at $389 ( $303 for Me ) and I can put this on in about half hour . So , another $ 300 to the price of the Bikes . Now yesterday , we added another $120 for the Rack for the Hitch for the Bikes . Only a little over $800 , what started out .. as let's get our Own .. instead of Renting them each time .


Hence I had a $20 left after all that .. I just used it and bought a Toyota Soccer Ball with it . For when TianChi comes next year , to go out and Kick the Ball around .


I told Qing , from now on .. I will Work on the Weekends .. it's costing me too much to be Home !
We both had a GOOD laugh on this one !

No comments:

Post a Comment