Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Been to China? You'll know about this....

I am sure, anybody that is going to China.. may it be visiting Girlfriend/Fiance' or Wife.. knows what I'm about to write about.
Whenever going back for whatever reason, one must take care of the Gift/Present part for the Family/Friends whomever you'll be seeing/meeting. This starts as soon as you have a chance to "Open" that one or two Suitcase's. It actually is expected especially coming from the west, as they all are looking forward to items not found in and around China.. or are not at all available anywhere. If they do have it, it is usually of lower/less quality. You know.. like in "Copies"!


Having a total weight limit of 46kg (50 US lbs.each suitcase), this has turned into quite a challenge. With a question asked of my Sweetheart.. " Do you.. are you taking any "Clothes"? This might seem funny, but it is what I had to deal with packing my LaoPo's two Suitcases. Item's in.. no not here and out again, this I must have done...well? Over and over and over, til it was filled and ready to carry over to the Scale. First the large one: Let's see.. three bottles of Wine/ six large Fish Oil containers/ Candy, enough to open a Store/ Gum ( well finally something light)/ dried Fruit/ Vitamine Bottles for Adult&Children/ did I mention Candy already? Of course, of all things, we can not forget "Nut's"! No... I don't mean myself by that! If this needs to be re-arranged or it's too heavy, I just might just have a "Nut" case on my hand. Over to the waiting Scale it goes, slowly lowering (while praying) we await the numbers to finally hit my Eyes with the speed of light... 50.6 lbs.(a little over 23kg). Looking at Qing, it was like.. ohhh? There is still room for a "Little" more, after all she thinks that.. that is okay with the Airline.


Haha.. I of course was celebrating a little too soon here. While Qing was now talking to her brother, the news came.. we need to buy some Baby Formula's for Cousin's new born Baby Girl. Great.. Wonderbar.. Ausgezeichnet! This has to go into the smaller one though.. I did not want to move anything out of the large. Unless, my Life will be in any kind of danger by NOT doing it.


On to the second stuffing and it's not even Thanksgiving yet.


Now this one actually get's some Clothes, believe it or not. There were still large Jars of mixed Nuts ( from Costco mind you ) more Chocolate/ dried Milk which is much better than the Chinese Brands and now to the heavy part for this poor Suitcase. Seven large Hand/Body Lotion's and all kinds of Make-up items that must of taken over two hours at Walmart's to buy. I'm such a patient Person.. really! Oh my... just lifting those Items which I put into a nice fitting Box for safety reasons. What will this weigh... I ask myself again?


Oh oh.. this one ( the small one haha ) was 56.8 lbs.! Incredible, I sure do excellent packing! So, now what? Open it up again and I remove the two large Containers of mixed Nut's and bags of Candy.. that equals a nice 6 lbs. even. Those will have to go on the Carry-on Bag (not the candy). But, those need now to be replaced with the Baby Formular of the same size.. a little lighter though.
I hope!!!!


See, I almost don't even have time to think about my Sweetheart leaving on Saturday. I don't know, if this is good or bad... just yet?

3 comments:

  1. Funny and well written Arnold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right Martin, I actually had a good laugh myself when proof-reading it.. haha!
    I just love it, being married to this wonderful.. always exciting LaoPo. They do test your Patience, but on the other hand.. I'm sure I've done the same to Qing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know this pain all too well and we shove gifts into the suitcases and take out clothes to make it all fit in the weight limit.

    ReplyDelete