Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Mmmh.. Monday on Tuesday's?

Everybody, I'm sure runs into day's/morning's like this ones in a while?
As it has been kind of cold the past week or so, this morning's leaving the house to go to work... was a little different I'd say. Almost to the point, having to return back home.
What happened, that caused to be alarmed?
Morning's (weekdays) are pretty much routine to say the least. Get into the Car and "Go".
Haha... I was ready to go, but my Car obviously was "Not".

For some reason, it did "Not" want to shift out of first gear (automatic). Now mind you, my little Truck has now 548,000+ miles on it (same Engine), but the Transmission is my third. The first lasted about 300,000 miles, the second made it to close to 520,000... also not to bad for being "Used" Transmissions. This third one, I feel now somewhat un-easy. Anyway, here I was (running late because of it), what will I do next?

Before deciding to take it back home, I ran it around the Neighborhood for a while... to see if it will "Wake up"? As a Mechanic, I know it is a shift-valve sticking. If it's because of the cold, I could understand for it "Not" wanting to go and take a day off. Five minutes of cruising through the Neighborhood, it finally decided... "Okay"... let's go!

Back to my Title; therefore I ask this question, don't those things suppose happen only on "Monday's" and not later in the Week?

I guess, now it owes me one? I'll stay home... if "It" is ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment