Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ahh , the not so welcome Guest !

This Post has nothing to do with my Lao Po , well just not yet .
As you all know , including my Sweetheart , as of now .. I take care of our Home and Yard myself .
As we find ourself's alway's saying , that us Human's are " Civilized " . In some cases .. yes .. but other times we act really like un- Civilized People . Hence there are alway's War's going on somewhere in the World , and so many wrong doing's by some many People against other's .
So , I do ask myself this question many times in my Years .
Are we really and truely a " Civilized " race , here on Planet Earth ?
I really think , that WE think we are . But to take a closer look at some of the smallest of small , and study them in their own Habitat . This is when I come to what this Post is all about . A species ( an insect ) that all of us are very well aware of , wherever it might be , your at any given place and they will join you .
Of course , most of you know by now , what I am talking about . Yes ... a not so welcome Guest , that goes as it please's anywhere it want's to .
No not the Bee , but the ANT .
Now , we can talk about a Civilized little critter on six leg's , that can give a grown Man fit's . As I keep our Home clean as best that I can manage , under the circumstance's being by yourself having to do all that .
As is the case almost every Summer time , when the weather get's real HOT . Doing yardwork , I see them all over in my Yard . As I see no need to bother them , as they do the same for me . Ha ...but that is where they think otherwise . Being alway's a huge Army , of very well " Trained " which each individual Ant know's exactly what it's job is at any given moment , so it seems . To study them as they go about their ( never thinking about mine ) business of a never ending struggle to find Food and Water . So of course , they do come into the House off and on , at their choosing . Getting up and getting ready for work , I find them sometimes in the stranges places , not many ... but the Scout's ... on the wall , near Windows , by the Sink . Like I said , wherever THEY want to be . Seeing them , out comes the Ant spray ( if a safe place ) or the Windex , which they love ... because it kills them FAST . So I spend some time cleaning again over and over , thinking NICE . Coming Home , it's a 50/50 chance they left ? This goes on for weeks , during Summer month's , like I would need all that extra work ?
To think back , one time I was Mowing my Lawn on the side of the House and I could see them by the thousand's ( maybe even hundred's of thousand's) , anyway ... I decided to go and spray them all . Got them , I was thinking all day , only to discover ... now they came inside to take Revenge on poor Me . That of course was the very last time , I bothered them outside , due to that dreadful day .
I know most of us Hate them with a Passion , but to really check them out , I think ... these little creature's are one of the most amazing and maybe misunderstood little critter that lives with us on this very special place we call the Earth . I really think , if the name " Civilized " should go to something / someone it's the Ant .

This is what I do before and after Work , during the Hot Summer month's . Bad ... with the Good experience , what really makes an Ant do what it does ?

3 comments:

  1. They are great little workers, and are fun to watch. Sometimes I sprinkle some crumbs around to watch them find them and take them back to their nests. Oh, and I should add, these are only for the outdoor ants. Any indoor ants get tossed outside where they belong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find ants to be quite fascinating as well. They are very well organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are amazing and all get along so well . Unless you are a Foreinger , like a Chinese Ant . haha

    ReplyDelete