Wednesday, April 28, 2010

AS ONE OF MY FRIENDS ASK ME THIS ?

Food and eating habit's of my LaoPo .

Being here with me now for a little more than five month's , what does she eat and how does she eat it . Coming here to America , she did have plenty of western ways under her Belt already . Shanghai and Tokyo to mention a few places to pick up some of those .. maybe not always nice customs/ways of living in the west . As I have mentioned previously in other Posts , the Food part is what worried me the most . To me , eating Chinese Food's (we find here) most of the time .. would not bother me at all . But my Sweetheart , who's been growing up with .. let's say 90% Chinese Food . How will she adopt to .. example " Potatoes " instead of Rice ? Not to mention " Cheese " , which they seem not to eat too much of in China from what I have experienced on my Trips there . Well , to my surprise .. Qing loves the Foods of America , Germany and Mexico (not fast Foods) . By that I mean " MY " cooking at Home . This is something we do together many times , especially on the weekend . From Steak , Fish (without Bone) , Potatoes ( mashed , fried with onions to Baked with all the toppings ) . From Beans of all sorts to Menudo , Burrito and Tacos to German Dumplings and Red Cabbage to Sauerkraut .
I tell you , I'm am so glad .. I don't have a picky Wife . I'm also sure , the same goes for Qing .. not having a LaoGong that is like .. uuhhhh what is that ???
Now , we do eat all Chinese Foods with Chopsticks of course . She is more comfortable and I need the practice . Fork and Knife is the must with the rest of Local dishes .
One more thing , I like to mention here . I myself was never much of a Chef or had great experience in the Kitchen or on the Grill , but now doing it with my LaoPo it is special to me and I enjoy it sooo much . Even started to Bake together , which is even more Fun and one can eat that too .
It makes it so easy for us to adjust ( specially Her ) to the new Life we have cut out for ourselves . One can concentrate on other more important things like learning to drive a Car and maybe a Job in the near Future for Qing , to get her out of the House more often . It does get pretty lonely at Home by yourself all day . It would get to me and I know it does to her .

2 comments:

  1. Hi Arnold and Qing! I think it is fantastic that you both cook the meals together. It sounds like you are having a grand time and learning to cook many things too! Bravo! :D Take care and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I look back , I would have never seen myself in the Kitchen this much .. except to clean the Dishes . Another proof , what Love can and will do to you .

    ReplyDelete