Monday, June 14, 2010

As the Soccerball rolls .

I tell you , waiting four years each time for the World Cup to arrive is a long wait .. if it's your favorite Sport . Me being born in Germany , of course .. I started to kick a Ball right after I learned how to walk somewhat decent . It is just in your Blood growing up with it . Playing Club Soccer when 8 years old and moving up to the Semi-pro level , I would say .. gave me some experience in this fast moving game . I know to some People , it is not a pretty game at all . Those are usually Folks , that think a 0:0 or 1:0 game is boring . Well who said , all games need to have many (dozens of points at the end ) to make it interesting . I feel the reason that Soccer will never and I say never , make it here in the States as a major Sport .. is because it is NOT made for TV and Commercials . I call it boring , example ; Basketball , back and forth for almost three hours and then .. the last minute or so , well takes 15 minutes to complete . I call that perfect for advertisement and a lot of nonsense talk about a Player , where he's from and what he does after the game is over . I say who cares . The same goes for Baseball , nice and slow and plenty of time for blah blah blah .. which as nothing to do about the game . But , I'm not here to change any body's watching habit's or what is their favorite thing to watch and enjoy .
Anyway , winning a World Cup .. is exactly that . Your a World Champion . Winning at an American game only , and call yourselves World Champions is WRONG . It only sounds good , to the ones believing it .
Having players from all over the world , does not make it so either . This is a TEAM sport , right ? Point made .
Now back to the game I love most and enjoy with a passion . This is after all the Game " of the World " , watched by more then any other .
Go Germany .. Go US Team .

No comments:

Post a Comment