Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A wonderful Weekend in San Diego .

Dinner with Ed at a Sichuan Restaurant .
The Doorman .. Ticket please !

The beauty of the Peacock .

3 1/2 year old Panda .



Unusual way of Sleep'in .




National Memorial , Point Loma ( San Diego ) .





The Green House at Balboa Park .






Wonderful View , fore .. and background .







Next to the Midway Aircraft Carrier # 41 .








At the Entrance to Old Town ( San Diego ) .





This Memorial Weekend was definately one to remember , as it has had a taste of many things ... Sightseeing / Zoo / Balboa Park / Seaport Village / National Monument in Point Loma and of course Old Town San Diego . It also featured a unwanted Trip across the Mexican Border without a Passport of mine .





Alright , here are some of Qing's and My Photo's from our Trip down to San Diego and meeting up with a wonderful Person .. that we all know by the name of Ed W. former Mod here with us .I start out with some from our first Stop before checking into our Hotel , Old Town and Seaport Village in the afternoon . What happened in the early Evening is something we'll wont forget for quite some time . Getting an Adventure .. without looking for one ! As the Sun was setting , I thought .. it's to early to head back to the Hotel and retire . So , smart Me .. decided let's take Qing down to the Border of Mexico without crossing it of course . That was the Plan , but somebody had other things in Mind . I missed the LAST exit before crossing and I was on my way to NO return . Stopping just before the actual Border , I ask a Patrol Guy what to do next ? He said , well it's too late and you must cross into Mexico and tell them of your misfortune (Haha) .. they will let you turn around through the BIG fence which did have a huge Gate build into it . Everything nice and dandy til now I though . But waiting in a long line to be check by American Border Patrol , it dawned on me ? I don't have my Passport on me . A Driver's License is not good enough anymore . As I moved up and started to pull our my Lic . , the first word's came out of Him ... this Lic is NOT enough . I need your Passport !!! Oh yeah , I knew that .. but I'm only turning around .. because I missed the last Exit . By that time I was Sweating Bullet's already . But ..but SIR , I really did not really want to go to Mexico .. only show my Wife the Border and the Hills of Mexico that's all , and I missed my Exit . As he checked Qing's Green Card and gave her the Ok , I remembered that I still had my Copies of my Passport and Chinese Visa with me .. from my last Trip . A sigh of relief came over me . He looked at this Copy and let me sweat some more . Okay ... SIR ( yes he called me that too ) , usually this is not good enough to cross .. but I am going to make an exception this Time . Talk about being caught in an situation ( with your Pant's down so to speak ) with your poor Wife wondering .. are we going to have to stay in Mexico now ? So , all is good now and I will mark this down as an not so nice experience .. that I can look back on though later and laugh about it . Which I actually did already .Anyway , the next day it was of to meet Ed at the Zoo entrance . He was going to take us to Balboa Park for some Photo shoot , as he felt .. everytime he see's Photo's of us it's never both of us together much . So he offered to use his Camera and get some shot's at a wonderful/beautiful Park in backgroung . After spending about two hours doing this , Qing and I went inside the Zoo and knowing we are going to meet up again for Dinner later that Day at a Sichuan Restaurant of Ed's choosing .I really can't say enough about Ed , not just as a Person .. but also about the great Father he is to his Daughter's with all he is having to go through at this time . We said our goodbye's at about 9:30 pm and it took us exactly three hours to get Home again . So I had the DOUBLE pleasure spending a super weekend with my Wife and a great Member of the Brotherhood too .

2 comments:

  1. Certainly was great meeting up with you and Qing. You two were a pleasure to be with. I hope we can do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ed !
    We also had a great time hanging out with you that Sunday morn and evening . How did those Photo's come out from us ? Hope they did not break your Camera . hahaha
    It would be nice , in the Future to hook up again and spend some time together .

    ReplyDelete