Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day !

Or should we call it .. get in your Car and let's go Day ?

As we had made plans for Sunday ( Santa Monica Shopping Mall near the Pier , close to two hundred miles round-trip ) with our Neighbors and Monday a Visit to see my Mother In-law ( first Wife ) 87 and not much time on hand coming from the Doctors .. Which is 200 + miles that day . We decided to just kick back and Saturday at least and get some rest .

After we arrived in Santa Monica , the first thing we noticed .. was it was about 30 degrees cooler there . Overcast and not much signs of it clearing up anytime soon , that proofed to be true the afternoon into the early evening . But .. we did think of bringing Sweatshirts with us . Poor Qing , she felt the cold right after we had parked the Car and headed towards the Mall . As Qing turned into a walking Ice Cube , we all started to feel colder suddenly and went back to the Car for at least Qing's Sweatshirt . Ahhh .. what is a little walking anyway ? It's good for you , un-frozen that is of course .
So off to the Mall ones more and leave the two Women alone to do their thing , what as Men find not too interesting " Most " of the time . We each gave them
$ 6 to go all out and shop til they drop . Actually it's nice to know , we can relax with some Coffee and not worry .. them coming back and needing help with the bags .
We found ourselves some comfortable Chairs , near the Luis Vuitton store on the left and Tiffany's on the right . So I started to watch what kind of People go into those up-scale stores . Thinking , who is going to buy a $2500 Purse ? It turns out , most ( nine out of ten ) were Asian People going in . That was of no surprise really , as my LaoPo knows this store very well and how popular it is in Shanghai too .
An Hour later , their back and Qing had actually spend $ 8 .. so she was in trouble . Where will I get $2 in this bad Economy ?

Monday , it was off to Breakfast to fill our Tanks and we were on our way to see my In-law's . On would have thought , traffic would be kind of slow/heavy .. but I found it to be quite the opposite to my surprise . This was the case on our return trip too . It was sooo good , that I mentioned to stop at the 99 Ranch Market and then .. go for some Dinner right next door after . I'm glad ( both are ) , as this is a long way from home otherwise and this was kind of on the way home anyway . Overall , this has been a great day visiting and we were very much appreciated for making that long trip .
It is so comforting to see , how well all my In-laws except my Sweetheart as one of their own . But then .. I knew that all along and well before she even came to the States . Who is not to like my LaoPo anyway ? She's a Darling and they can see it .

3 comments:

  1. Great blog...but I am still a little concerned about the extra $2.00 she spent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martin , the $2 she owe's me .. she will give me a Massagy for it . That should also give her some $2 credit for the next shopping tour .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are getting the better part of the deal there, Arnold. :D

    ReplyDelete