Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Qing's Birthday weekend .

This Birthday for my LaoPo , was the first one here with me in Palmdale . As mentioned before , chinese do not really put too much emphasis towards their Birthday . Actually , they do celebrate somewhat .. but it is usually more meaningful dates .. like the 20th/30th/40th ect. and sometimes after each five too . In other words , they don't want to be reminded .. year after year .. their getting older . Makes a lot of sence to me .


Coming back to Sunday ( Qing's B-day ) . I of course got up and started making Breakfast for us . Having accomplished that . There was a few hours to kill or to relax , before we were to meet up with the Neighbors that I invited to come along . The five of us headed towards Pasadena and to one of Qing's choices of Chinese Restaurant ( Yang Chow ) , which has three in the LA area . We arrived and had reservations for an early Dinner , about 4:30 pm . Pulling into the parking lot , it was still empty of Car's . So first thought was , is this a good place we chose ? Going in , sure enough .. we're the only ones in this not to big eatery . It was very clean and that is always a good sign , when going out for Chinese Food . Any Food in that matter . By the time we were pretty much stuffed with some great Food , the place had started to fill up . Qing get's talking to anybody that just looks a little chinese . It turns out the owner is from Shanghai too . Boy , this world sure is small . Seem's , every Asian place we visit .. their is somebody from that great City . So Qing's voice box started to run overtime . Come to think of it , I got to practise some of my Shanghainese and Madarin on this Man . When I invited the Owner to Dinner in Shanghainese , he almost fell over with surprise . You know ? White and Chinese don't mix well . hahaha


We were talking for about 45 minutes .. if I kept track right , but with only this much time .. we could tell ones more .. how Business minded Chinese People are . This Man actually wanted to open a Restaurant in my home Country ( Germany ) . Had his Visa/Work Permit and all , but could not get a lease on a Place to open . So back to the US he went . Now has three here and quite successful to . He convinced me , to open a place in Shanghai .. having nothing but Bradwurst/Sauerkraut and of course German Beer . He says , that is all I need .. keep it simple and base my Business Address ( HQ ) in Hong Kong to save on Taxes . Mmmmh ?


Leaving , I showed him my Shanghai Volkswagen Emblem .. I bought in SH and stuck onto my Toyota Highlander . That caused quite a loud laugh from him and all of us . He first thought , I bought the Car there and had it shipped here . haha


Anyways , after that it was off to the KTV Studio near downtown Los Angeles . this happed to be some kind of event . Five of us did not shy back and let it all out . They didn't even through us out . We had a blast for three hours , which seemed far less . Qing had a wonderful time , one could just see it looking at her . By almost eleven o'clock , one doesn't really like to be downtown .. without Bullit-proof Car . One Park really stood out as very dirty and not safe ( in Echo Park ) . Lucky we only drove through there without stopping .. scary ? You bet ! But we made it home and hit the Pellows and Dreamland in minutes .


Coming to think , one year ago .. Qing and I were in Hong Kong celebrating the same day ( our first together then ) . Memories are beautiful , making new ones .. is even better .











1 comment:

  1. Great post Arnold. Thanks for the pictures as well...they add a great visual to your story.

    ReplyDelete