Saturday, October 9, 2010

Marketing the American way .

Oh yes , we all think .. we are doing it all right here in America .

But , being married to an Chinese Woman .. changes all that , very quickly .

Let's talk about my Shopping habit's . First of all , I'm not a great Cook by any standard's . So let's begin , I do know how to Cook to keep me alive and that is a good thing . Wouldn't everyone agree ? Now , these times .. things are really made easy for the average Guy in the Kitchen . Microwave this and that and make a Salad ( out of a Bag of course ) and you have a Dinner of some kind . Yeah .. I am such a great and efficient Chef .. wolahh . That is all nice and good from a Single Person's view . But here comes the big " BUT " ! Being married now , things change all of a sudden and I wonder why that is ?


Now being with your Sweetheart going through the Isle's , your still in the American mode .. before you realize .. wait a minute here . She is starting to have her input in all of this , shopping for Food and what to Buy . Not that this is new to me , as I was married before to a American-Mexican Lady . The only difference now is , this is a " CHINESE " Lady ( LaoPo ) . Everything you have ever thought is right , what this subject concerns .. is about 75% out of the Window .

I will now take you through a Shopping encounter with my LaoPo . Hand in Hand that is , as we are still Newlywed's ( too bad Bob Eubanks show is gone ) . We always start in the Produce Section for some reason , don't ask me why . This was always the last before . As one don't want to put heavy stuff on the Tomatoes and such . Myself , being a Person that can
" Adjust " to almost anything with no problem .. have no problem with this either .

Now , the different Fun begins .. Hahaha .

First , as a nice LaoGong .. you ask before deciding on anything of course . As our Produce are somewhat unfamiliar with my better half , I ask .. do you like this or that , before committing to Buy it . I almost get the same answer every time . If you like it !
This does not tell me if she likes it .. now does it ? So if I really like it , I'll bag it .. without feeling too guilty . This goes on for about an hour and a half or more , working through Isle to Isle .

One thing that stands out , is .. she will not Buy under any circumstance buy canned Food or Vegetable or Frozen anything . With the exception , of Potatoes ( Hash browns ) for Breakfast . I know very well the Customs of China , as they like it " FRESH " ! Whatever it is , Meat - Fish - Vegetables - or Fruit . Heck , they even worry about the Rice .. not being too old .

But , do I really mind this sudden change ? NO .. of course I do not ! I'd do anything for my Sweetheart , but eat Eggplant .. now this is one Item .. I will not tolerate on my Plate .
Nobody can call me being Picky , as I at least give everything at least " ONE " try .

One thing , going Home after Food-shopping .. is you feel good about yourself .. having done great and have it the American way anyway . By loading up for several weeks of Food at a time , even with a CHINESE wife . hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment