Monday, October 11, 2010

Here is from last night's Dinner , with the great Chef " Qing " !

Actually , all the preparations began on Saturday already . After having done the shopping for all those wonderful dishes , Qing was about to make , it was to get herself organized and start to prepare some of items needed . The cutting .. cleaning of Vegie's , Meats and Fish and putting all in a place in the Refrigerator , where their easy to find later on Sunday .


Again , after I made Breakfast for both of us .. it was time for Qing to go to work . I did a last minute run to the Market for a couple things we forgot earlier to buy . Got that done and then I finished some of the House cleaning ( windows mostly ) . My Yard I jumped on the day before and made presentable .


As the house started to smell like .. your in a Chinese Restaurant Kitchen and the Temperature in the house started to climb , due to all burners on the Stove were going at the same time . For me it was best to stay out my Sweethearts way and let her do her thing . I did manage to help with some of the final chopping , as I did feel guilty .. seeing her so busy and me just waiting for our Guest's to arrive . Ones she goes full steam ahead , there is no reason even to ask .. can I help with something ?


First to arrive was my good Friend and his Family . This gave me at last something to do , that seemed equally important as the Cooking part . Making them feel at home and help them stay out of trouble by getting to close to the Kitchen , where by now it was pretty much Taboo to walk into . It's not really what I told my Friend's , that Qing does not want to share her cooking secrets . It is , you don't want to get rolled over going back and forth . I look at this and think to myself .. Man .. she needs eight arms or another Chef to bring this to normal speed . Haha


An hour later my Sister In-law and her Family joined us . The first time they been here , since my late Wife passed away in 2007 . After a big Welcome , she was allowed into the Kitchen with my Friends Wife . Only because , Sister In-law was preparing the Dessert for later . Us Guy's , don't even think about it .. stay in the Living room .


Here finally the signal that the Won Ton Soup is ready to be served . As one can imagine , breakfast was by now forgotten and we all seemed to be starving and looking forward what was about to come out of Qing's Kitchen . It took not too long , before Qing and I got to hear .. " This is the best Won Ton Soup I ever had " !


Wow .. I thought , and this was only the start of things to follow . This was the only time Qing actually sat down ( except the time the final dish was served up ) to eat with us . What followed , well was not short of the Won Ton Soup either .


As the Compliments kept coming , Qing's response was .. a simple .. but this is easy/simple for me . Heck , I think .. I was as proud of her being my Wife .. like at our Wedding becoming my Wife . I have mentioned before on other Post's , she really as brought the Shanghai Food/Cooking with her to America . Just thinking the idea , what if all those special Sauce's and Spice's were not available here ? I guess , instead of Chinese Food .. it'll be Steak and Potatoes . No , I don't even want to think this .. really !


I could not imagine , that anyone had room left for Dessert . But as it showed , both the Dessert's where also a " Hit " .. in two area's .. the Taste bud's and the Stomach of course . It turned out to be a wonderful experience for all , to see a Chinese Master at work in their Kitchen .


I also said many times , I'm a Lucky fellow to have such a wonderful/amazing Wife by my side .. Day and Night .

Is it Heaven ? You bet , here on Earth at least it is .. without a doubt for sure .





No comments:

Post a Comment