Sunday, September 12, 2010

Everybody knows or should know .

The Anniversary of not a happy occasion , but a very sad one .. in the Human History of Mankind . Of course I'm talking about 9/11 2001 .

Where was I , when this unspeakable event unfolded ? I was in my Car , coming home from a part time Job I had at that time along with my regular day Job . When first hearing of something had hit the World Trade Center in NYCity , one was not sure at first was it was ? Was it an Accident of some kind , they ( the News People on the Radio I was listening to ) weren't positive and sure of anything at first . Then , the story cleared up some and someone mentioned a Plane had hit the North Tower and there was a big Fire . Well , most American know how it went from there . I was still in the Car and almost home when the second Plane hit the South Tower and now we all knew .. we were under attack by Terroist's . Where it will end .. was anybody's guess then ?
Anyway , I have seen those two Tower's of the WTC being build at the time I lived in Upstate NY .. about 20 miles outside of the City . I've seen them grow from the ground up to the completion in 1973 . I was not a Citizon at the time , but those Tower's were in my Heart and I was proud of them .. as many did NOT like them and thought of them as Ugly .
So God bless all that lost their Lives and their Families . For the ones in the forth hyjacked plane , my hat off .. they are true Hero's for what they have accomplished and had to pay with their lives also .. to safe other's .

As this wasn't sad enough , last night ( 10:30 pm ) I lost my Mother In-law ( from my first Marriage ) at 87 years old . To think , just last week Qing and I visit my Father In-law and his only Daughter on Labor Day . I wanted to go see her , but the two convinced me .. it would not be of any good .. she would have not recognized us anymore in the state she was in . So we did not go to the Care Facility where she was staying after Hip surgery a couple of weeks earlier .
Now this date will remind me of course of two not to happy/joyous time every year .

May she rest in Peace and be comforted by my late Wife .. her Daughter ... Amen .

Ps: Sorry for this sad post , but it is a sad time for me as one can imagine knowing her for over 30 year's and call her Mom too .

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of your mother-in-law of your first wife, Arnold, as well as for all the people who loss their lives on 9/11. Indeed it was a very sad day.

    ReplyDelete