Sunday, January 30, 2011

Why do I ..... ?

Yes .. why do I love Chinese Food so much ?

Growing up , but not til I reached my twenties .. did I start to grave Chinese Food . Of course this was not "Real" Chinese Food .. only Americanized kind of the "Real" deal . Anyway , this was a start for a LaoWei like myself . In a way this has taking over .. as my favourite Food pretty quick .. I'd say . This love for it , is now even much deeper . Being lucky enough , to have made four Trips to China so far ( with many to follow I'm sure ) , I had the chance to taste "Real" home cooking from Qing's Parent's and some of the great Restaurant's of Shanghai/Beijing/Guangzhou/Hong Kong and some smaller Cities throughout China . Now of course I can tell the difference between the each Province of China and the Food that is being served up here in America .

Mentioned on earlier Post's , Qing has brought her Shanghai Cooking skills with her to America . In other words , I'm now being spoiled with the most wonderful Dishes that I so much love . Some of you might think , oh yeah .. Dog/Cat/Rat and Mice and everything that fly's in the Air and swims in the Water's . These are items they actually consume , but far from what my Lady or Shanghai People eat or cook up .

Yesterday , Qing and I had the pleasure of having my Uncle&Aunt over for just such a Dinner . This is the third time , my LaoPo has made her cooking skills known to my Family and Friends alike . One can bet , that while they leaving .. they had some of the best Chinese Food they ever had inside the States .

Out of this comes a funny way I look at it and my LaoPo looks at it .
For my LaoPo , it is only normal for me to cook up so many Dishes each and every time ( her own words ) . For me , it is .. just the knowing .. what a wonderful Lady I'm married to and her being able to serve me my favourite Food on a moment's notice . I guess it is true then .. a Man's love is won through his Stomach ?

All this talking about Food now , made me hungry .. so I will close for now and warm up some of those wonderful/delicious " Left-overs " from yesterday and thinking/thanking my sweet Wife .. as she is working at Panda Express .. serving Americanized ( but not too bad ) Chinese Food . hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment