Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Let the Baking begin!

    Monday was for us a kick-back day, so I decided... hence we bought a new Stove with a Convection Oven... to try my hand in Baking. On the menu was to be my "First" Cheesecake ever. Surfed the internet for a receipt that catched my Eye and of to the Market for a few items still needed.


   Made the Crust (that tested my patience right of the bat), because going up the sides about two inches on the Pan... the Graham/Walnut/Butter mixure did not want to stick in certain spots at first. Have "Elmer's" will bake! haha... I could see my LaoPo now?

   The filling was much easier and all went into the pre-heated oven, which was to be baked at 375 deg. (also 350 deg. Convection temp) for about 30 minutes (also Conv. time). Both of us kept looking every 10 minutes or so through the Glass door to see whats happening. When the timw was up, the Cake had risen to double it's height. Open the door and test with a Toothpick, not even near done?? After scratching the few hairs on my head, I put it back for another 15 min., still not done... and another 15 min.? But by now it at least showed some browning on top and after one hour it was finally ready.

   Cooling had dropped it back down to half the height again (normal) and it actually looked pretty good. We did not cut into it till yesterday, before going for a visit over to our Neighbor's house for some Coffee. Myself, I think my Aunt makes the best Cheesecake that I ever tasted... this one (my opinion) was quite good. I let Qing be the actual Judge here though. Her reaction was somewhat of a surprise, she look and sounded like... this is the best Cheesecake she ever tasted. Later our Neighbors did likewise enjoy it equally.

   Now on to more practice and more daring Baked goods, just have the get the timing straightened out.



No comments:

Post a Comment