Friday, March 29, 2013

Trip continues... Part 3

.... having left Point Lobos and still some time on our hands before checking into the Hotel, it was off to Carmel. First finding a place to park is not always easy with all the Tourists coming and going.
Car finally parked (for Free.. wow), we proceeded to walk several streets that looked interesting to inspect up closer. Carmel is full of Galleries with works of many well known (in Calif. at least) Artist's, great Restaurants for any taste and Pub's of course to just sit back.. relax and do some People watching with a "Cold" one.
There are Boutique's by the dozen and Beach homes by the hundreds to drool over.

So this was mostly interesting for Qing and I and not so much for Tianchi, they don't care about Art/ fine Foods/beautiful homes by the Beach. He did find "his" fun part... taking Shoes/Socks off and run into the Ocean Surf. Quickly finding, that the Water must be in the low 50's (if that)... resulting
to return to the wet part of the Beach/Sand only.

I myself love this Area , as I've been here over a dozen times for Anniversaries with my first Wife. This was "Our" little place back then. Carmel/Monterey/Pacific Grove, I know like my backyard and that's because it never seems to change much over all those years... since 1977 when I came here the first time. Some Business' change hands, like the "Hog's Breath Inn" that used to be Clint Eastwood's Pub back in the day.

Now having seen most I wanted Qing/Tianchi to see, it was time to Check-in to our Hotel. As a side note, I first thought of staying at the same Hotel I've always stayed at before.. but I decided against it. There are just too any memories (great ones), to put myself through or my LaoPo for that matter. I must also mention, I had a much easier time... then I thought I would coming here again. Of course I remember every Place/Building/Shop/Restaurant/Parks, even the little Liquor Store Nancy always bought her "Screwdriver's" for the night....

...to be continued





No comments:

Post a Comment