Monday, April 1, 2013

Going North... Part 4.

As the day slowly came to an end and we all were pretty tired.. ready for a good night sleep. After having Dinner at "Bahama's" where I have been before of course, it was back to the Hotel to unwind and be ready for the next day's Trip to San Francisco.

Next morning about 8:30 we had a Breakfast (Free) and everything being packed up, it was off to head for the 101 Fwy north. About half-way to S.F., we stopped in Gilroy (the Capital of Garlic). You can't just bypass this little Town, if you are a lover of Garlic. Not to worry, we loaded up with plenty of Sauces/Spices to last for quite a while.

For the second time we arrived in Frisco a few hours early for our Check-in (I planned it that way), so we hit.. or drove over the Golden Gate Bridge as our first assignment. Thinking back a couple years, when I ones mentioned the Golden Gate Bridge to Qing.. she said; and I quote " What is so special.. it's only a Bridge" and we in Shanghai have many of those?

Haha.. of course she did not know, what made this Bridge so special to the World? Heck, I don't even know why? It is definitely beautiful.. no dought! Anyway, being on the north side.. I try'd to park so we all could get out for some Photo's. As luck would have it, I had to stay in the Car (double parked) and let Qing and Tianchi go out.. enjoy the view and take some nice Pictures. I've been here many times, ones even making it a "one day" turn around from Los Angeles.. when I was younger of course and single still.

That being done, I wanted to go and stop now on the south side. But, having traffic problems and it was almost 3:00pm, it was time to check-in ones more. Hence the Holiday Inn is right on the Fisherman's Wharf and near Lombard St. (where the Crookedest Road in the World is), we headed that way. I must tell you, the closer we got the steeper (going uphill) they become. It looked like 45 degree, but of course it was less! Hanging on the hill, it was one car at a time moving forward to the top. That might be fun for the People in the car, but your poor car I'm sure it's NOT!

Finally it is our turn to head "Down" this famous road, which takes about two (2) minutes. Just like an Amusement Park Ride, wait 45 min. and it's over with the blink of the eye.

to be continued....






No comments:

Post a Comment