Monday, April 15, 2013

The last 200 miles, or so I thought...Part 8.

haha... of course the Trip must end with Part "8"!

So to continue... the last 200 miles and we are back home again. That was all well and dandy, until that certain "Move" I've mentioned in the previous Part 7.

Also, Qing had moved to the inside spot when we came back from the Restrooms. Our Food was already on the table and boy did we all devour this Food.. like we hadn't seen something edible for days. Back to the car and off we go heading east on Hwy 46 towards the Interstate 5, a roughly 60+ miles. A little over an hour we hit Inter. 5, which is our second to last.. with only Hwy138 ahead before arriving home sweet home.

Exactly 70 miles from Paso Robles it happened. For some reason, Qing was reaching for her "Purse". The one that wasn't willing to come with us and stayed behind at Carl's Jr. After five minutes of looking all over the car, while I was still heading south.. with no way to get "off" the darn Highway for another 12 miles or so? Finally a place to make a U-turn and back on the 46. Getting there, I called Information for their Phone number. Lucky me, they have more than one in this little town! "What Street is the one on.. Sir, that you looking for? Should I pull out my hair now? I had no idea.. next to the 46 Hwy I told that nice Lady Operator. That street couldn't be more than half a block long, with a couple Fast-food places and that's it.

I write the first number she gave me and thanks for Cell-phones when you need them. Two bars it showed and I could hardly hear the Guy that answered on the other side. Besides, I'm not even sure if "He" heard me?

I threw the Phone to the side (mind you, I was NOT mad at my LaoPo one bit) and told my Sweetheart.. I just go back and we'll see. I'd give it a 51-49 chance it is found by a honest Employee/Customer and held for our return.

See, if I was sitting on the inside.. Qing would have put her Purse between us. No way to forget it. Hence, she moved.. it was put on the wall next to her and easy to forget. Especially,while concentrating on "her" Drink and Tianchi's taking them to the car. I of course never even seen it after coming back from the Restroom.

I'm such a nice Person (coming from Qing)! Her face looked like she's ready for me to start yelling anytime soon. Why would I? I knew exactly how she felt, she didn't need "Fuel" to make her feel even worse. For me, it was only 150 miles out of the way. For her, it was all her ID's and Credit Cards.. that we need to cancel and re-apply for.

Back in Paso Robles and in Carl's Jr's parking lot, we went inside (nervously to a point she was shaking). The Manager was the first we saw and ask the embarrassing question.." Did you happen to find a Purse, a couple hours ago at one of the tables near the Restrooms"???

To our surprise, he states.. "We have actually found two today"! What colour was/is yours? A beige/purple Coach shoulder bag! Oh.. yes we do have one just like that.. the "Good Man" said! Of course he was a good man now and most of all an "Honest" one besides that. One more sign, there are definitely still honest People in the World.

Having the Purse back, I did not (really did not) want to drive the 46 again so soon. I decided to take the Hwy 101 instead, to the 166-5-138 and home.

This Trip, instead of having a not so good ending.. became an overall "Great" four days for all of us.. no doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment