Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dealing with my LaoPo's sad feelings !

Now this is of course my first Test of my LaoPo " NOT " being so happy . Why ... one might ask ?
Well , the last month or so have not been the kindest to my sweet Wife . Especially what Her trying to receive and pass the California Driver's License Test . The written was no problem at all , but the Road Test .. she has had trouble with . I would strongly say , it was not really Her fault . The first was due to bad weather and it made her so much more nervous that day . The second , which she had thought she passed .. but was denied again . Examiner's intervention was the reason . Having practised this exact Route for weeks and even on the day of the Test three times and not seeing any real reason to have any doubt .. having her fail . But , I know .. after checking the point/place where this failure to watch out for a parked Car supposed had taken place . I could perfectly see that this was set up by the DMV for the very reason to have People fail for more Income ( $ ) for them . She should have NEVER told Qing to change lanes ( having her look back over her shoulder ) while in this situation of barely having room with the parked Car there . Something I know is set up , as this Car is/been sitting in this very spot for weeks and weeks the time we practise right around that place . It's NOT near any house , looks like a abandoned Car .. but is Registered .
So , needless to say .. this double failed Driving Test really upset my Sweetheart and of course me even more so knowing this .
Now , because of this .. we did not go to Las Vegas which I had made Reservations already a while back . She did not feel like having any Fun , as it saddened her like I have never seen before .. since knowing Her . Me having taught her everything about the rules of the Road pretty much , of course got me thinking to myself .. did I do something wrong .. or did I forgot to tell her certain stuff ? That could have changed the outcome . I try'd my best not to make her feel like is all her fault and at the same time .. not blame myself either . So , home we stayed .
To let out our frustrations , we both worked on our Backyard the rest of the week I was off from Work . Seeing things look nice - clean and beautiful now .. has helped us big time to bring us back into a much better Mood . Forgetting what has happened and focusing on the next and hopefully the last Test run to receive her Driver's License .
I certainly hope so , as she is saying .. I want to go back to Shanghai if I fail again . Oh .. I pray it wont come to this . Also prey , she will take me with her .. if it does happen .

PS: As the Color " RED " is a happy and festive Color in China , I of course used it to even more so cheer my LaoPo up some more .

4 comments:

  1. Have you considered doing the driven test in another community? I don't know if that would be helpful or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have thought about that as well . But she knows this area real well and feels comfortable with it . Just those Money Hungry DMV People and I'm sure that spreads all over into other's too . Hearing from Friends ( Restaurants,School ) funny they all seem to have no problem passing the third time . I tell you it's a racket that's going on .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Arnold... please tell Qing I'm very sorry about her test results. Please don't give up! Just consider the first two times to be practice tests... like training for a marathon by running. Practice practice practice until you no longer feel nervous. Best wishes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again Carl . Qing has read your comment .. like she always does . She actually laughted at first , but then .. thought , yes he's right . It's all to better herself and going to be safer on the Road later .

    ReplyDelete