Monday, May 17, 2010

A wonderful Weekend Visiting !

I must say , this past weekend was very nice .. including somewhat tiring . Having driven a total of some 530 miles round-trip to Visit a couple of Family member's near the Beach area around San Luis Obispo . Paso Robles and Los Osos to be exact .



This was by now " Our " furthest Trip away from Home , since Qing is with me . No need to tell you , driving in a Car is not a Chinese favorite past-time thing to do . But at the same time , she was eagerly awaiting to meet some of my late Wife's Cousin and ex-Sister in-law . So going through some of California's Farming and Cattle Fields in the flat lands of the Bakersfield area . Including Cotton fields and for myself actually a somewhat boring drive ... having done this an countless number of times heading North . The later part ( to Paso R. ) of this Journey , took us through the more nicer Mountainous drive and through the Wine Country surrounding Paso Robles . Having reached our first goal at the Cousin's House , where we expected to spend the night and move on to the second leg ( to Los Oslo ) of this Trip . After spending a wonderful afternoon with my Cousin and her meeting Qing for the first time and talking of old and new times . Something that could have gone on forever , if we didn't start to think about Dinner . My LaoPo and I ask where there is a good place to eat in Paso R. and as I should have known .. my Cousin suggested a Chinese Buffet in Town . Ohhh .. why not we thought ? After all it been tooo long having had Chinese Food .. hahaha .



As my Cousin had to take care of an elder Lady at her house , we decided .. hence it was only about 6:30 pm and we did not want to retire so soon . We agreed to take a short Drive to Cambria , which was about half hour away . That by itself was very exciting as we had timed it just right for the soon coming Sunset at Moonstone Beach across the street from Cambria so to speak . Try to include a couple of Photo's if I can .



After a good night sleep , that we desperately needed .. it was to say Goodbye to my Cousin and hit a close Coffee Shop for some Brew and some Breakfast food for the coming drive to Los Osos . Having filled both our Tank's , it was time to hit the Road and back to Cambria . Why Cambria again ? Well the day before looking into a few Art Galleries and Souvenir Shop's , we came across a wonderful little ( but heavy ) solid stone Buddha . Something I was looking for to put in my Backyard by the Waterfall and Garden I was planning to build soon . Perfect I though , going to look great and at the same time ... something from Home for my Sweetheart to enjoy .




By then , it was time to meet my Ex Sister in-law and spend the rest of the day in Los Osos and Morro Bay . This also was the first time for her meeting my LaoPo , that I was telling sooo much and to sooo many People as I was still waiting for Qing to receive her Visa . I guess ( I know ) they all know now , why I always carried a smile and was in a Super mood every time they saw me prier of Qing's arrival . Spend an equally pleasant and wonderful day as before , but the weather had turned colder and the Sky started to get Cloudy more and more as the hours went by . Of course us thinking " Warm " , were caught with pretty much only the warm blancket I always have in the Car for just those kind of situations . I was in Short's and T-Shirt , but I was only thinking of my Sweetheart .. making sure she felt warm and enjoyed the View's and not ruin her Trip because of freezing to death .



As previously , we enjoyed a wonderful Dinner ( well late Lunch at the Waterfront ) but Inside this time . The outside Heater's just weren't enough to keep everybody comfortable and preventing us to indulge in this awesome Seafood Sandwich and Salad they famous for .



Back it went to my Sister's house and to have the Dessert that would have cost us too much at the Restaurant . Besides , we were stuffed and needed to relax a couple of hour's of being shown the very beautiful Beach Area around Los Osos and the Neighboring Town's/Cities . By almost 7:00 pm , myself and the two Lady's were ready for some Coffee ( Home brewed ) and the now made room for Dessert .



Being well treated for the last two day's , it was time to head Home . By now it was nightfall and looking at about a three hour drive to finally sink into our own warm Bed ... dreaming ??? Of course , a good night sleep and the great weekend we shared together .















4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a beautiful ocean view there, Arnold, even if it was a bit chilly. Great photos! Qing is so photogenic! Thank you for sharing your adventure in your blog. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guy's .. yes it was great ! Isn't funny to see a Chinese Woman with a Mexican blanket rapped around her ? A true California Girl already my Qing .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha .. I meant "wrapped " of course . I hate being Rapped and I hate Rap too .

    ReplyDelete