Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Ahhhh.. September!

September, now for a German.. this has a different meaning. This to us means it's "Oktoberfest" time again.  Oktoberfest in September? Don't even ask... why? Let's just say, it's a huge Festival, that needs more than a couple of weeks to celebrate throughout Germany and the World.

Talking about the World, I want to bring up.. how the Americans (away from German Club's here) celebrate this "Ones in a Year" happening. First off, they changed the "Name" to their liking... "Fall Festival"! Why? I tell you why, because they did not want to be associated with the Beer drinking.. that is consumed during that Festival. Other word's, let's NOT have too much Fun! Remember, our Children are watching!

So this being Labor Day and all, we decided to head into the Mountains.. where there was a Festival being held that weekend. I have been to this particular one, three times. Each time it changed somewhat. By that I mean, more to the US liking.

First, if your looking for German Music.. nada! Want to go eat something, you would think of German Bratwurst/Sourkraut/Potato Salad.. Nada! Well, two out of two.. so let's have a Drink or let me whisper "Beer". German Beer? Haha.. how about a Budweiser? As I see, they managed to do away with everything.. that actually had to do with the German Festival.

Made me think, what if I took one of their Holiday and named it something else and made it German on top of that? I don't think that would go over very well now, would it? Of course not, but this is America and we can do whatever we want. Yes.. that seems to be the attitude here.. if I'm wrong.. I want to hear it.

I am not Anti-American, this does hit a Nerve though and there should not be one Person, that doesn't agree with the above.

So, we had a Samuel Adams.. some Country Music and made the best of it anyway. Oh.. I forgot, buying Beer.. it doesn't matter if your 59 or 69 years old.. they still give you an Armband " Over 21" and a Stamp on your Hand to go and drink a Beer or a Glass of Wine. By this, I think .. they have gone "Nut's" and way over the Edge. That is even Funny, but it keeps a Smile on your Face. Maybe this is want they want all along?

Anyway, had a great time Visiting Family.. all the none-sense was quickly put aside. After all, we did come here to have a good time and nobody can change that.. nobody!



1 comment:

  1. Happy Oktoberfest...er...Fall Festival. It is too bad that everything gets homogenized, so that everything is sterile, and politically correct. We have similar issues north of the border.

    ReplyDelete