Sunday, June 28, 2009

Just my feeling's about something ?

This Post has nothing to do with Qing or China , but it has to do with the United States . As you can see from the Photo's , the first was in 2007 , while in Germany . I went with my Mom and my Uncle to one of the Home games of my Hometown Club ( 1. FC Kaiserslautern )which I played against many times as a youth ( 8 to 14 ) . Since I belonged to a rival Club cross town . The second photo is of myself and two of my good buddy's , that I won the Los Angeles City Major League with in 1977 and 1978 . We used to practise against the LA Sky Hawk's then , the first Pro team of Soccer in LA . To tell you the Truth , they have not beaten us ones on the practise Field of San Fernando Valley College . Great times for sure .

So one can see Soccer was in my Blood and still is , which should be of no surprise coming from Germany . I started to kick balls , right after I started to walk , I think ?

Anyhow , loving Soccer ( Football ) , what makes me upset today , has been bothering me for many year's . Is the US selfishness , that only " Their " sport's are of any importance here . All this year's Federation Cup ( in south Africa ) has been shown on ESPN . Great ... I thought , but now when it comes to the Final and mind you the US Team is in it against Brasil of all Teams . But do they show it on a Sunday to boot ? NO and a fat NO again . It is more important to show Baseball on five Channels , golf on two , Tennis what's left . I was so upset , I wanted to just call my Satellite Company and tell them what to do with the Dish . But , I think it's not their fault , it's the Media . Just as the Government does , is to brainwash us all to believe this and that and watch this and that , because that is what the People want to see . I am also sick and tired of having 250 Channel's and with nothing to see worth watching . It's goten to the point every Show is half show and half Commercial's . No wonder I don't hardly watch anything on the Tube anymore . When there could be something on ,that one want's to see , somebody in the TV lala land thinks different . On top of all this they have the nerve to charge each one of us a small fortune for it too . I been here in America for 40 year's , and slowly I am loosing more and more respect for it . It's not MY doing , it's killing itself at a very fast pace and all in the name of Uncle " DOLLAR " .

China is looking better and better for me , when it's time to quit working , I'm out of here as fast as a Jet can carry me and my Sweetheart , back to her home , Shanghai . Which we both Love .

In my Eyes , America was ones a really wonderful Country . I can only shake my Head ... does anybody have the answer ? The one that said " All wonderful thing's must end someday " I think , he / she meant by that ALL thing's .

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, I have completely given up on TV. Which was easy for me, when I was in college, and right after graduating, I loved for 10 years without a TV. I did need a radio :)
    I love music.
    These last few years, I simply never turn it on, only my kids watch it when they visit me, and they seem to like silly, worthless shows.
    At times I have thought of going to Ireland, I have relatives there, but they are strangers to me. China sounds like a better place. Since I am creating a new family there !
    Like you did too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Arnold. I've not watched TV in a couple of years now, and I really do not miss it. I get my news from the internet and newspaper. I really dislike the reality TV shows, and it seems that is most of what is on now days from what I hear. If I want reality, I have my own life, so why watch TV??? LOL. Now for a possible explanation for the lack of the soccer (football game) - sometimes there are contracts that give exclusive rights to other entities, so that it is possible that your cable or satellite network did not have the right to broadcast the game. I understand your frustration, and yes, it might actually do some good for you to call them and complain. If enough people do that, they will make a change in their programming.

    Take care!
    Carl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guy's . You know it's so funny , now that the Game was over and I found out what the Score was . US up 2:0 at half-time only to loose it 2:3 . I would have pulled my Hair out , if I did see it . So it was for the better after all . Hehe
    But still would have like for the US to win . Oh well ... the World Cup is coming next year , so I'll be ready for that one .

    ReplyDelete