Thursday, August 26, 2010

To Complement .. when and where ?

One of the things I have noticed , while married to a Chinese Wife is .. when is it right to Complement her on a daily bases ?
This sounds easy of course , as we are used to do this with a western Woman and never worry if it's appropriate or not . I and many other's know this as a fact . A western Woman , will always like a Complement of any kind . But as this Post will tell you .. it's NOT this way at all with my LaoPo .

Just the other day , brought me to think about this very carefully and why that is ? I'm no expert on this , but I speak through my own experience .. living now just short of one year with my beautiful Qing ( Qizi ) . As a Gentleman and a romantic Guy , one does notice the little things a Wife does to look good/great for her LaoGong and towards other People too . That reminds me of a time back , when we hadn't seen each other Face to Face yet and I told Qing .. that she is always dressed so nice on the Photo's she sends me . She answered that with .. not with .. oh this is because "I" want to look good , but with .. it's out of respect to other's ( that will see her during the day ) . I will/could never forget that answer of an unselfish Woman , so not like what I'm seeing or have seen in the western World so far . Talk about little things that can make you love a Person sooo much more . For the Person she is .. not what she looks like . This brings me back , to why I'm writing this today . In my Eyes , my Sweetheart is beautiful " ALL " the time . Not only when .. Face is on and dressed up to the Teeth as going to the Oscar's . So for me to Complement and tell her , you look so beautiful for .. well NO reason other then .. just being my Wife is a good enough reason for me to tell her .
Now , as I gain more and more experience of the Chinese Culture .. this is not the case from my LaoPo's view . What is her view of this ?

Her look on this is .. when I'm not with make-up and looking sharply dressed up .. I can not be " Beautiful " . This does of course a 180 degree of my thinking . So it took .. let's say more than a Hour of explaining from my part .. why is that ? It's simple for me , all I need is a look into her Eyes and all I see is " Beautiful " all over . Oh yes , I think beauty starts from the inside anyway and then .. reflex's to the outside . I have always thought of my Sweetheart as a Flower .. right ? So here we have it , a Flower will NOT bloom and look pretty .. if the Flower does not feel happy/loved on the inside . I know , in China .. it's a thing .. Chinese Men don't tell/talk on a daily bases how they love their Spouse and when she looks like a million Bucks .. the proper words stay silent . Let me also say , I don't say this is all Chinese Men .. especially as China and it's People are changing and getting more and more westernized or are becoming more accustomed to our western way's .

Anyway , when I'm with my Wife and I see it fit to say .. honey your " Beautiful " whenever .. I'll will definitely say so . Why would I .. NOT ? After all , I love all of her and 100% that is .

1 comment: