Monday, August 16, 2010

The Beatles .. still doing their thing !

In a way I think they will live forever .. their Music that is . Everybody that is a Fan or knows about them , especially from the 60's to their break-up in the early 70's .. will never forget "THEM" or their "MUSIC" . They also know that only two do remain as of today ( Paul & Ringo ) . It is great to see , like the Band/Group that we had the pleasure to watch last weekend as the last Concert in our Park for this year . That Group , known as the BeatleMajestic .. they not only sound like the Fab Four .. but also look like them down to the Hair and Clothes . The one thing I've noticed , that was NOT right .. is Paul is left-handed on his Guitar and the one playing him did not . Of course , as I remember .. I can only think of Jimmy Hendrix playing it that way . Anyway , in front of a packed house again and one could see many Folks my Age that grew up in the fifties and sixties .. by singing along and knowing all the words to the Songs . The same goes for me , as I have the Book with all the Beatles songs and in notes for Guitar .. that I ones try to learn .. but gave up after only six month's time . I did manage to play most of them by notes , not by cord's . That was the major reason for giving it up , my finger's were not made out of rubber . haha
Qing just watched and listened to my singing along , as I was taken back into the past of my favourite Band . The only disappointment I had , was they did not sing "Lady Madonna" or "Hey Jude" two of my all time favourite's . It was a great Evening with a Band that has traveled around the World ( even been to China to play ) doing what they do best and even did Broadway shows in New York and Las Vegas . So , this is another reason , through People like this .. that the memory of this Band will live on for who knows how long .. as many other's come and go .
Sunday was a relaxing day , as I had slightly twisted my back lifting a large box of items we had bought from Costco earlier in the day . I tell you , that is no fun .. when just trying to put on Sock's or Shoe's becomes a major task for you . The good wife Qing is .. can I give you a Massage LaoGong ? That sounded great really , but I just wanted to lay down flat .. as that seemed to help ease the Pain the most . Ohhh .. getting older is no fun , even though my Sweetheart is keeping me feeling younger otherwise .
Hahaha .. at least my fingers feel okay , so I can still write to my Blog .

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had great fun at the concert, Arnold and Qing! Try to take it easy on the back for a while... those things usually do not heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete