Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Yesterday was a "Special" day .. oh yes !

Here in America maybe not so special . But for us that been to China and have or are about to have a Chinese Wife will know this of course . I hope so for their own good .
So what was it ? It was ..." Chinese Valentine's Day " !
This day , in China is pretty much nowadays celebrated by mostly the elderly .. as the younger generation now celebrate the western version of it .. which is of course Feburary 14th as we know it .
The Chinese story as my wife recalls , is of two lover's .. where their Families did not agree for them to be together much less marry . But they agreed to let them see each other but ones a year . This of course became a special day for the lover's and so became to be Valentine's Day in China . I know there is more to that story I'm sure , but I'm not a Chinese history teacher .. far from it .
Now , what I have done first is send my Sweetheart a E-Mail to her Yahoo Mail with much Love and Honey from the Shanghai MiFeng . Which I thought , she'd have read by the time I get home . No such luck though . I did stop at the Market and picked up some wonderful Roses/Iris's in a Vase and a Card for my second surprise , showing my LaoPo .. that I know of this date and of course show her how much I love her with these two offerings of my appreciation for having such a wonderful loving/caring Wife .
Was she surprised ? You can bet on that ! We are not suppose to know Chinese calendar or culture .. at least not that much of it . All I can say , it was very much appreciated from her end and makes all studying .. may it be just a little of her culture .. well worth it .

Qing : So I do have two Valentine Day's in one year ?
Me: You deserve it Sweetheart !

2 comments: