Monday, December 6, 2010

The weekend Get-Away's .

I like to summarize all the nice Places Qing and I have been to , during this first year in California .



We start out with a three hour drive to Paso Robles ( Cousin ) . Before night fall , we'll head down to Cambria for a stroll through this Tourist Town near the Beach . After spending the night at my Cousin's House , we drove down the Coast Highway to Los Osos to visit my former Sister in-law and her Daughter . She took Qing and myself to Morro Bay for a wonderful Lunch and on to see more of beautiful places near her Home by the Beach .
We did not get to spend a night there , because it was Sunday and I worked the next day .. unfortunately . Ahead was now again a three hour drive back Home , but not the same Hwy. we arrived to this area . There wasn't much to see , as it was after 8:00 pm when starting to head Home . I myself like night driving so much better , less Traffic through Mountainous Roads . Nobody to slow you down , so a steady 75-80 mph most of the time . Don't tell anybody !!!

Other Trips , include to Santa Monica/Venice Beaches for a nice relaxing Bicycle Ride up and down the Beach front and by the Famous Santa Monica Pier . Of course we stopped there also , for nothing more for some Fun and getting onto the "New" Farris-wheel on the Pier . That was very Romantic .. I must add . Qing also enjoyed the Marina Del Rey/Venice with it's many Canal's and Venice ( Italy ) bridges over them . Not to mention the wonderful Homes in that area . I could tell , Qing would love to live in one of those .. heck .. so would I .

Many Trips to Pasadena ( Qing's favourite City ) , especially to the Gardens .. mentioned in my earlier Blog Post .

Next over-night get-away was to be in San Diego . With plans to go to Old Town - Seaport Village - The Zoo - Point Loma - Balboa Park and not to forget to Meet up with .. no other than Ed Watson from our Forum . This reminded me , how much prettier San Diego is over Los Angeles . Another great weekend for sure for both of us . As a special Surprise , I even took Qing over the Border to Mexico and to make it more interesting .. I did it without a Passport ( explained in another Post ) of mine .

Other one Day outings include a Trip to my Uncle's Cabin in Pine Mountain ( 70 miles from LA ) . Into the Palms Spring area for both Christmas and Thanksgiving Family Dinner's , that welcome my LaoPo as one of the Family with open Arms .

Now for the Trip's that " Almost " happened .
I did plan a Anniversary ( May ) Trip to wonderful Carmel by the Sea . Also including Monterey and a drive to San Francisco , with Chinatown as the main point of that drive . Thinking of a Bay Cruise too , if time would permit it .
The second almost Visit , was to Las Vegas . But that turned out to become only an Reservation and nothing else .
Going there kind of scares Qing . I don't know what it is ? Either , it's being afraid of the Gambling or Spending Money that she thinks is wasteful . I really can't argue with that , can I now ?

Of course in the coming year , we will make plans to Visit other wonderful Site's/Park's within .. let's say no more then .. seven eight Hours of Driving . With that in Mind , I'm thinking of ..
Carmel-Frisco-Yosemite Park-Grand Canyon-Las Vegas (again) and San Diego one more time . Anybody thinking of Disneyland , maybe not .. Qing says .. I've been to the one in Tokyo already ! In other words , they are all the same and are mostly for Kids . I've been there many times myself , so no lose to me .

1 comment:

  1. When in San Francisco, you may want to take the Alcatraz tour if they still have them... really liked the history behind the old prison, and the stories told by the tour guides. If you haven't done it yet, Napa Valley wine tours are good, and also it might be interesting to 'pan for gold' on the American River in the mountains east of Sacramento. Sounds like you two will have a fun year ahead! :D

    ReplyDelete